Chapter 61: Lunch

Just a filler chapter.. still enjoy.

Taylor

"So, do you ever take your work home?" Kirk asked as I fiddled my fork around in my salad.

I obviously still ended up going to the lunch with him that he requested.

"I actually do, and I hate it. It's so hectic."

He smiled, "I agree, but why do you say it?"

I contemplated on if I should include that Cheyenne is apart of the reason why, I don't want to keep it a secret that I have a daughter because if he wants to further pursue me then he should know and he can move about it how he chooses.

"Well for starters, I always end up deleting the work on accident or not saving it—I at times get side tracked with my daughter."

He raised his eyebrows slightly then smiled, "You have a daughter? How old?"

"She's 3 months."

He nodded, I could tell he had loads of questions roaming around his mind but chose not to ask them. I was prepared for him to give an odd excuse as to why we can't continue lunch and then proceed to leaving but he didn't.

"Can I see a picture?" He asked

I raised my eyebrows, just a bit shocked, "Oh, sure." I said, picking up my phone and scrolling to the most recent picture I took of her.

" I said, picking up my phone and scrolling to the most recent picture I took of her

He smiled as he stared at the picture, "Aw yeah, she adorable." He said, shaking his head

I smiled to myself, staring at the picture as well.
I was starting to miss her so much and had about three more hours left of work.

"What's her name?"

"Cheyenne."

"Nice, it fit her." He said and stared down at his food

"Do you have any kids?" I asked

"No, nah—not yet. I want some though, just ain't tryna have kids by somebody I hate or eventually will hate so I choose wisely on who I wanna get..careless wit...if you catch what I'm sayin '."

I nodded, "I definitely understand what you're saying."

I know all too well what he's saying.

"Plus I'm the type to hold grudges so it wouldn't be healthy for me to be harboring that type of hate while my child is in the middle of it." He explained

I wanted to clap, lord why weren't these thoughts implemented in the man I had my daughter by?

"If you don't mind me asking, what's the situation with the father and you?," he nervously chuckled, "I just don't wanna find myself too deeply interested and he come snatch you right back up—I mean and y'all just had a child together, I wouldn't want to interfere wit' any of that." He explained