oh, me.

my eyelids remain closed as the sun peaks through my window, as my alarm ripples through the streets— dancing echoes alerting my neighbours that their time of sleep has come to a cease.

i build the energy to open my eyes. white light blinds me a split second, then my vision stumbles to recovery as my eyes adjust to the morning sun. i turn off my alarm. 8:25, it read.

i get dressed, hair dishevelled and eyes droopy from no prior sleep. shoes on, open the door, power walk.
to no one's surprise, i grow tired within the first minute. i come to a slow, letting myself breathe. 8:30, 5 minutes left.

as i lift my gaze from the concrete, i see a hoard of girls flocking to a broad figure. my eyesight was poor, and i had forgotten my glasses, so i couldn't make out much of his appearance. not like i could, anyway. he looked like a black rock you'd find on the beach with a golden chain attached to it. maybe that was just me though.

8:36. one minute late. i mentally slap myself, knowing full well i shouldn't have spent those extra five minutes in bed.
hallways empty. my footsteps replaced for drums as i direct myself to my form room.

as i walk inside, girls are chatting amongst themselves, giggling and compassing their eyes in the direction of a boy. the same boy i saw on the street, though i had never noticed him before.

i didn't see the appeal. not one bit. legs on the table— arms folded behind his head, head hung low with his hat melting onto his face. or maybe that was his hair and he had some fancy hair clips in, but i couldn't be certain.

as i walked closer to my seat, i saw how muscular he was. i would be lying if i said i wasn't impressed. i look away and sit down, a deep sigh escaping my nose.
"this is going to be a long day, isn't it?" i mutter.

————————————————————
[rewritten: 24 nov, 2020.]

[in case anyone was wondering why this is being rewritten.

as much as i would like to say that i am proud of my past works, that would be completely dishonest.
the reason for this rewriting is because i would like to start anew. through these past months my writing has gradually increased in quality, and i would hate to leave you all here with a bland and boring storyline you have seen 100 times over.
thank you for supporting this book.]