forty two

they both spoke at the same time, looking at harry with straight faces when those words left his mouth. zayn looked more shocked than anything, niall on the other hand looked angry, his jaw clenched as he stared harry down. harry wasn't sure what he was feeling, but he knew the news had struck them both in different ways. harry's heart is pounding erratically against his rib cage as the silence and tension engulfed them completely.

harry was shocked himself when he heard it himself, last night. he could have sworn the doctors were cracking jokes when they told him, but they were very much serious. harry felt like time froze for him, like the whole world flipped upside down and swallowed him whole. he didn't understand how that could happen. obviously- yes, sex is one of the reasons, but for him to be able to become pregnant was a different thing. never in a million years did harry think that could happen to him. only about one percent of men in the population was able to conceive, and it was highly uncommon. harry would've never thought he'd be included in that small percentage.

what upset him the most was that he had no clue he was pregnant and he was drinking so much over the past couple weeks. that's why he had been feeling so shitty. he was pregnant on top of all the drinking, and he was harming his unborn child he had no idea about until it was almost too late. had he carried on with his reckless drinking he would have miscarried and he wouldn't even know what to do with himself had that happened. he was torn, and the tears wouldn't stop streaming down his face. he didn't know how to handle this, and he didn't know how niall or zayn would handle this. clearly harry had no clue who the baby belonged to, he had been fucking niall and zayn back to back. just like a little slut, harry couldn't believe himself.

now he was torn between two men who could possibly be the father of his kid. how the fuck does one handle this?

"what did you say?" niall asked through clenched teeth. harry swallowed thickly.

"i-i-i'm pregnant." harry stutters out nervously, biting on his nail.

"are you fucking joking right now?" niall asked. harry shakes his head quickly.

"n-no, i really am." harry replies. niall's eyes seem to flare up, and his fist clenched tighter as he stares at harry.

"how far?" zayn asks from behind him. harry turns to face him slightly.

"5 weeks.." harry replies quietly, still gnawing nervously on his nail.

"that's why you fucking brought us both here for? cause you don't know which one of us is the baby's father?!" niall yelled unexpectedly, making harry flinch at the tone. harry bites his lip and nodding slowly at the question. niall growls angrily, going over to furiously punch the wall, growling in frustration, making harry jump and take a step back.

"you need to calm down." zayn hissed. niall turns around glaring deadly at zayn.

"no, i will not fucking calm down, there's a goddamn baby that i don't know whether it's mine or not, and i'm pissed off." niall snaps loudly. harry shrinks slightly.

"n-niall." harry starts, but niall cuts him off, pointing a finger at him.

"and if it wasn't for you screwing around, this wouldn't happen!" he yelled at harry. harry whimpers, tears building up in his eyes.

"enough!" zayn snapped. harry shakes his head, stopping zayn.

"n-no, he's right." harry says. niall narrows his eyes, his jaw clenched tightly as anger flows through him. "i- i shouldn't have been doing that, b-but i can't take it back."