12

Well, the week away is almost up, and its' been terrible. Renesmee has been having nightmares and wakes up screaming most nights. I can't calm her down, when I get close to her she screams louder, Edward is the only one that can instantly calm her down. It makes me feel horrible, I can't help my own child. But if you look at it she's more Edward's then mine. She spent most of her life with him, and it's his venom that she drinks every day.

"Momma?"
"Yes"
"I'm sorry Momma"
"For what?"
"For being scared, for not being able to seek you out for comfort. I'm just used to running to daddy, anything new scares me. But I wanna come to you, you are my mom after all, and I love you very much."
"I understand, I really do, you have nothing to worry about. I won't let anyone hurt you. I love you more than my life and I will protect you until the day I die."

She comes over and sits with her head in my lap. I started running my fingers through her hair. A couple of minutes later I notice her breath had evened out and I heard her lightly snoring. Well at least I know I helped her fall asleep.

An hour later Edward and Alice walked in. Edward came and sat at the end of Renesmee, put her feet on his lap and looked at me.

"How long has she been asleep?"
"About an hour"
"No nightmares yet?"
"No"
"Thank goodness I honestly couldn't take it anymore, it was breaking my heart to see her like that. I was really thinking about completely changing her, just so she didn't have to sleep and dream those nasty things. Poor baby."
"What was she dreaming of?"
"Terrible things, death, terror, running away from something I could never see. Screaming for Charlie, me, you, everyone. But no one showing up to help.

Wow, I would have never thought her dreams could be that bad. I went to ask another question but Renesmee started to squirm. She wakes up smiles at me, then looks to Edward.

"Hi daddy"

Edward smiles
"Hi, did you sleep well?"
"I did. It helped that Momma was playing with my hair. When can we go home? I miss everyone. Especially grandma Esme's food. She laughs

"Renesmee you've never called daddy at this age. When was the last time you had venom?"
"Um, the day before we left." Edwards' eyes go wide

"Edward, what's going on?"
"She hasn't had any venom since before Charlie died. Her mindset is going down slowly if it gets any lower it could kill her. She needs venom now!"

"Did you bring any?
"No she usually packs everything she needs, but with her mind the way it is I doubt she brought any. ALICE!"

Edward yelled, she came running from the other room.

"What is it?"
"I need you and Bella to hold Renesmee down she hasn't been taking her venom. She's dying, I refuse to lose her!"

Alice came and picked Renesmee up and laid her on the floor.

"Bella come hold her feet, I have her arms."
"Edward what are you gonna do? "
"I have to get venom in her system, so I have to bite her, I just need her to be restrained because this is the only time it will burn her, but a lot like a normal change but she never had a bite before.  So I don't wanna risk it. "

I go over and grab her feet, she's looking at me calmly, a little too calm. She smiles at me, but I just can't smile back. Edward comes over and turns her head to the side, Alice holds it in place, then he bites down. He then moves to her shoulder and bites there, moves to her wrist and bites down one last time. Renesmee starts thrashing around and screaming until she finally passes out.

"I thought you said it wouldn't hurt that bad" I nearly screamed
"I had to give her a high dose, she hasn't had any in almost two weeks."
"That was hard to witness. I gotta keep a better eye on her future to make sure this doesn't happen again." Alice said with a sigh.

After that eventful night, we decided to head home.  Edward picked up a sleeping Renesmee and we left.