Shatter

(Dream's POV)

I come to after the thing took over me, Ink and Blue were nowhere to be seen. I got worried, what did he do?! I calm myself down so he doesn't take me over again.

But I constantly feel him pulling me, Like trying to pull me out of my body. I try and be nice when I have control, but he gets angry when Ink and Blue talk about my brother's group.

I am forced to watch as someone in my body hurts my friends. But I have a way to get him out, he starts sleeping once I watch anime.

Though, it only works at night before bed. He gets angry when I watch it in the morning or afternoon. Today he had main control.

My mind starts going south with it's thoughts. What if they had tried to kill themselves? What if someone from Nightmare's gang killed them?

No, they know about the balance.

'But if they could, they would' he scowled, 'Your brother loves negativity'.

"But he wouldn't kill Blue or Ink! He doesn't have a reason to!" I yell back, "And Dust would try to kill him if he did, do you see they way he looks at Blue?".

'Oh, he def- HEY! Distracting me with ships?! Just, Nightmare could beat him easily. Don't you want to feel that power?!' He shouts.

"Dust is pretty powerful, and no. You would be feeling the power anyways! I get yeeted out of my body!".

'Still, the satisfaction of peircing through someone and watching their eyelights slowly fade as they die?!'.

"Your the one here who enjoys that creepy stuff! It's nauseating for me" I barely contain the need to throw up.

'Just let me in control!' He yells.

"No! I won't!" I yell. But its too late, Shattered takes over my body and successfully transforming into a similar version to Nightmare.

He travels to Nightmare's base and finds Ink and Error talking. They look happy, but sad at the same time. He teleports over to them, and grabs Ink with a tentacle.

"INK!" Error yells as it echoes throughout the mansion. Shattered walks through the halls and quickly finds Blueberry in Dust's arms.

'Not even going to fanboy? It's your OTP' I snicker. He rolls his eyes, "Shut up". He tries to pull Blue away from Dust but luckily Dust swings into action and has a bone to his throat.

"Touch him again you slimy bitch and I'll make you into calamari" Dust's eye was glowing with rage. Shattered looked impressed until he teleported away.

"No use getting him, but I still have Squid to manipulate all I want" He chuckles. Everyone else was in the living room, probably because of Error's scream.

I tried to get Shattered to stop, but he wouldn't listen. Wait, doesn't Cross have his Chara following him as a ghost? They share a soul, right? I float over to Cross and lucklily see Chara.

'Chara! Chara!' I yelled, getting their attention. They looked at me, 'What? Isn't that you?!'.

'No! That's a different version of me that somehow took control of my body! You need to knock him out so I can return to control!' I explained.

'I think Nightmare's got it covered!' Chara yelled as Nightmare knocked out Shattered.

I return to controlling my body and see that the weird goop is still on me. "I need to take a bath" I said.

"Are you back?" Nightmare asked, worried.

"I didn't know you still cared about me, and yes I am" I smiled. He grinned and told me where the nearest bathroom is.

"I used to live here too, Noot" I teased.

"Oh no, not that nickname". Nightmare laughed as I almost walked away before saying, "Someone make sure Ink is alright!". And then walking away.

I get into the bathroom and then run into a problem, my clothes. Well, I guess I'm going to have to shower with them on right now.

Besides, my clothes should still be in my room in this house. I start the shower and wait for it to warm up.

(Time Skip)

I get out of the shower and yell, "Night! Did you keep my old clothes in my room?!". I get a distant affirmation from Nightmare.

I walk to my room and change into a pair of light grey sweatpants and a yellow t-shirt. I walk back out and sit on the couch.

I look around and see Ink and instantly I start apologizing, he thankfully forgives me. I ask him why and he just responds, "Well, I mean it technically wasn't you. It was Shattered".

"Who the fuck is Shattered?" Cross asked.

"Dream, but like Nightmare currently. I need to talk to Sci about this, but Error's not letting me outside until my mental health gets better" Ink sighed.

Then, Dust and Blue walked in. Or Dust walked in carrying Blue and sat on the couch.

"Neither of us could fall back asleep, so we're just going to sit here" Dust said. Blue stayed on his lap, not looking like he minded it.

"Why is Blue on your lap?" Killer asked.

"Someone almost took Blue out of my arms while we were sleeping. I did fall asleep for a bit, but it was a nightmare and I woke up immediately. So, here he is on my lap so I know he's here" Dust explains.

"And also it's none of your Mcfrickin business" Blue added which made Dust and Ink start laughing.

Error walked into this laughter to see me and instantly took a protective position between me and Ink, protecting Ink. And just glared at me.

"Noot? What is he doing?" I asked Nightmare.

"He thinks you hurt Ink and Blue, he's protecting Ink because he doesn't know an alternate Dream hurt them, and Error takes mental health very seriously,".

Error lowered his guard at Nightmare's response. He still sat between Dream and Ink though, making Ink giggle.