32.

Chapter 32

Chapter 32.

Taeyong's pov

Beep.

Machines.

Whispers.

What's happening? Why is it so dark? Where am I? I couldn't figure out what's happening to me.

"Taeyong! Can you hear me?" A familiar voice asked. I could also feel some comforting warmth on my hand. Someone was holding my hand.

Taeyong. Oh it's my name. I couldn't figure out the voice but my mind wrapped around with the familiarity of the voice.

"Hyung, it's alright. Take it easy." A male voice said.

I knew it. It was Doyoung. Take it easy? What's happening?

I wanted to see them but everything was painfully dark. I didn't know what to do.

"Open your eyes slowly Taeyong." The feminine voice whispered.

I finally realised the voice. It was Y/n's. My heart started to beat faster when suddenly the flashbacks came in. I badly wanted to escape this darkness.

"It's ok. You don't have to open them now. Take your time." Doyoung said in a small voice.

I was scared. I wanted to escape this. I didn't want to be alone. I didn't want them to leave me.

"With all the medication given he will wake up by today." An unrecognisable voice said.

Wake up. Yes. That's what I am supposed to do but how? I couldn't even lift my eyes. It was hard but I slowly managed. I cracked it open and a flash of light striked through me making me close my eyes shut. My head pounded and I felt dizzy.

"Doyoung. The light! Switch it off." Y/n exclaimed at Doyoung.

The dizziness started to reduce little by little but I was fine. I focused on opening my eyes again. This time it was a bit easy. I slowly opened it and there was no light but my head still pounded at the sight I was seeing.

Heart beat rate machines. Bandages and stuff attached to my body. The IV pole next to my bed and two familiar faces and an unfamiliar face.

I wanted to speak but my throat was burning. It felt like I drank some lava tea or something.

"Do you recognise him?" The person who was wearing a white coat asked pointing at Doyoung.

I nod unable to speak. Doyoung sighed in relief. To my side I saw Y/n crying silently and even in my painful situation I wanted to play. I must be insane after the attack.

"Do you recognise her?" The doctor asked me pointing at Y/n who was looking at me hopefully.

I made a face of confusion and shook my head. I wanted to laugh so bad and tell it's a lie but I was enjoying her reaction. Her face fell and she was looking at the doctor hopefully. I forgot to hide my smirk and Doyoung saw it.

"Y/n. He is lying. Look at him. He is smiling." Doyoung said smiling and Y/n looked at me and glared.

I didn't know if he was happy or not but I hoped he didn't hate me because I remember my embarrassing confession I made to Y/n.

I really thought I would die so I might as well tell my feelings and die but I'm alive so I knew I messed up.

"Why isn't he speaking?" Y/n asked the doctor. I realised she was still holding onto my hand.

"I was wondering the same thing. Did he go mute?" The doctor voiced his thoughts out loud.

I can speak but my throat was burning like hell. I tried to get out a word but it sounded like a broken radio trying to sing.

"Oh water." The doctor suggested his face lighting up with realisation.
Yah. Water. I rolled my eyes.

Doyoung brought me a glass and helped me drink it. I then tried again to talk. It didn't sound exactly like my voice but at least I spoke like a dry sand paper.

"Hi?" I said more like a question.

I didn't know what I should speak. The three of them gave me a look and I smiled sheepishly.

"Do you feel any pain?" The doctor asked.

"No." I answered but it was kinda a lie as my back hurt like I've been used as a punching bag. But I couldn't afford to speak a long sentence.

"Are you sure? Is your back fine?" The doctor asked.

Finally wording it properly I see.

"No. It hurts." I answered.

Progress in talking.

I looked around ignoring the doctor who was blabbering about my back and how I should take care of it. I wanted to know where the others were. Are they safe? Did anything happen?

I looked at Doyoung with confusion and he seemed to realise.

"Dr. Kang. Can people visit now?" Doyoung asked.

"If Taeyong is fine with it." The doctor shrugged.

"Okay then. I'll go bring the others in." Doyoung said and walked out with the doctor following behind.

It was just Y/n and me.

Damn. Speak something.

"Uh... I'm sorry." Y/n apologised while looking down. I could see that she was trying hard not to cry.

"Why?" I croaked out.

"You saved me. You risked your life for me..." Y/n said trailing at last.

"Just thank me instead." I said giving her a reassuring smile and squeezing her hand.

"Thank you. I will prepare something to thank you." Y/n said but I knew she was still guilty.She was like an open book for me to read.

Just then the others came in. There were some missing but then everyone were here. Y/n got up and left the room. I knew she was giving space for my brothers and I to talk and I was grateful for her being so understanding.

I was relieved to see Lucas and Hendery sound and safe. They were the only ones who had to escape with Xiaojun and Yangyang but I don't see them.

"Hyung. I missed you." Donghyuck whined and came forward to hug me.

I hope he doesn't crush me like how he usually does but to my surprise he held onto me like I am a delicate doll.

"How are you hyung? Hyuck move away. Your fat ass is covering my view." Mark scowled at Donghyuck and smiled at Taeyong.

"I'm ok. How are you guys?"

They smiled but who was I kidding? I knew something was wrong right away. I was the one who looked after them so duh. I knew them in and out.

I looked at Taeil hyung and he was avoiding my eyes.

"What happened?" I deadpanned.

I knew I was supposed to rest but my worrying self couldn't cooperate.