8

You should always read into a contract before you sign otherwise you might receive a nasty surprise later on. Rachael made the mistake of not reading this contract before agreeing to this relationship. It's only with time that, that mistake will come back and bite her.

╔═════☩══♛══☩═════╗

Rachael had to admit that she did not thoroughly think about what about she had agreed to. She didn't know anything about dating someone or even fake dating. Sure she's read about it in books, seen in it movies and shows but she didn't think that those things actually happen in real life.

By the time it was lunchtime the whole school was convinced that the two were dating. They didn't make it 'official' but it was made quite clear to some when Michael had waited for Rachael's after her class ended a bit late.

Rachael jumped a little when she felt a hand suddenly touch her shoulder but eased when she saw that it was Michael. He was smiled at the girl and ran his hand through his hair. A group of freshman girls were hanging around them trying not to make it obvious that they wanted to hear whatever conversation they would have.

"Should we head for lunch, babe?" Rachael cringed at the last word he had just said but the group of girls near them couldn't help but fangirl.

"No way, you two are actually together?" One girl who Rachael presumed was the leader asked. Michael placed his arm around the girl and gently pulled her closer to him.

"Yes, yes we are," he told them but with his eyes on Rachael who had no idea how to act in this situation. She was unsure if she should say anything to consolidate what he had just said but decided to just let Michael confirm.

"Oh my, I'm totally sending this in," the girl said as she typed furiously at her phone before sneaking in a quick snap of the two of them together. Rachael blinked a few times to process what was going on.

'She's sending it to the school's gossip column!'

Rachael thought about stopping the girl but stopped once realising that this would confirm their fake relationship together. She knew that from the moment that gets out. Her life would change for the better or the worse.

"Now, let's get lunch," Michael said to the brown-haired girl.

"Yeah. Also, refrain from any nicknames like that. It makes me cringe," she told him.

"I think it's cute but whatever you say," he held out his hand which Rachael hesitantly took. "It's just for the image. By the time we get to the hall everyone is going to know that we're 'together'," he quoted with his free hand.

They walked towards the lunch hall and Rachael was starting to get nervous. She knew she had to keep it cool. She wasn't the type to get nervous so easily but walking hand in hand with one of the school's most popular boy and waiting to reveal a fake relationship definitely gave a plausible excuse for her to get nervous.

The young 'couple' walked into the hall where every eye set on them. More specifically at their hands which were intertwined and at that moment a series of notifications went off. Everyone quickly turned to look at their phones to see what had just been posted. A few seconds later every eye was back on the two again but this time facial expressions differed across the people who were in the room.

A group of girls who were probably fans of Michael gave Rachael death stares whilst some people were trying to figure out who Rachael even was. Others were mildly shocked at first but then went back to what they were doing afterwards. The Royals stationed in the middle of the room had indifferent expressions. They were probably made aware of the plan beforehand by Aiden.