25.

AUGUST 17 | GIANNAS 6TH BIRTHDAY

6 years ago on this day I was blessed with the absolute best Gift ever

Gianna Aaliyah Edwards was just what I needed to get me on the straight and narrow.
I have tried my best to be the best father ever. Providing her with a great deal of love, showing her right from wrong, spoiling her at times as well and I think I have done a pretty good job.

I could never take the spot of her mother though. Through these upcoming weeks she has been down and out. Some days she's excited for her birthday others she not. She's starting 1st grade is 3 weeks and I'm preparing my heart for that.

I have been so lucky to have Ezra by my side through all of this. She was the queen I needed all along. I've been thinking about our conversation and her saying that she wanted to be the mother figure in GGs life.

I knew that me and Z were solid but it's one thing to be my girlfriend and the next to be considered the mother of my baby. This wasn't something that could be taken back once we told Gianna. She would call Z mom and they would have a stronger then ever relationship.

As much as it sounded good I had to make sure that I took into account how this change would affect Gianna.

What if Dej tried to come back?

All these thoughts ran through my mind and I drove around putting the finishing touches on her rainbow party. Really I just paid for everything and picked stuff up. It was planned by Ezra, my moms and mama Elaine

Pulling back up to my peoples house I could see the delivery trucks setting stuff up in the back. Gianna went to breakfast with my pops, she doesn't know all this is going down. we told her we were going to a water park and she could invite some friends but really the party is coming to us.

Walking to the back of the house I couldn't believe my eyes. It didn't even look like my  parents back yard. Colors everywhere, rainbow everything from balloons to the bouncy.

 Colors everywhere, rainbow everything from balloons to the bouncy