Chapter 8

Elora's P.O.V..

After Sparrow gets back. We try to get some rest. I can't sleep though. I stay up for hours thinking about what they did to her and what they are going to do for me.

"Sparrow." I ask. Seeing if she is still awake.
"Ya."
"Are you okay?"
"I guess. Just worried about you, and what is going to happen to me. I've been through it all before and it literally is torture. I've been watching you for years and you don't deserve this. No one does. Not even the worst criminal in the world. By the way I have no idea who that is. "
"Neither do I."
"Anyways, I hope we can escape this place someday. But even if we do, i can't go out looking like this." She says as she changes into her white scaled form. "I can't go out like this. I wish the mutant-human war would stop."
"So do I. Although you can turn into anyone you want."
You
"I guess. But, still. That is the reason my parents abandoned me. Because I looked different, looked strange." She says with sadness in her voice. I can tell that she doesn't like bringing up her parents. I would be the same. Well I am the same.
"Sparrow. I know you don't like talking about your parents. So, it's ok if you don't talk about them. But just to let you know, I have been Throught a similar thing. My powers came when I a year after I started running. But before that my life sucked. My parents were always focusing on my younger sister Bronwyn. She was just a baby but they spent there entire time on her. We wNt on a camping trip once. And they left me to drown in the lake. I young girl named Clarissa. Saved me. While she was taking me back to my parents, I ran. Because I didn't want to face them."

I don't tell her the whole truths my parents were also a bit abusive. If I ever did anything wrong they would hit me really hard along the face and throw me in the storage room in the basement. It was horrible and I am so glad I ran away.
"Anyway we better get some rest." She says.
I turn over and after what seems like hours, I finaly fall asleep.