ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The first sensation that dawned on me was heaviness.

Consciousness came in slow waves, and the once never-ending darkness that consumed my vision turned into a soft yellow glow provided by the candles beside my bed.

I don't know how many minutes passed before I decided to heave myself upright and take sight of my new surroundings. I'm in my bed, presumably moved by Laito, and I'm still in the same attire from this morning.

Thank god my privacy hadn't been violated. Yet...

My head throbbed while I slowly brought my fingers up to trace the still-tender wounds on my neck and collarbone. My head hung low as shame flooded my system. I quickly clamped a hand over my mouth as a wave of nausea overcame me. My chest became tight while my breaths became more frequent and uneven. Why couldn't I fight him off? My whole life I've been learning to be strong and not crack under pressure, but what happened was sinful, shameful, and... treacherous. What would Mother think of me if she saw me then?

Sometimes memories are the worst form of torture.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, wondering where I went wrong when a soft knock brought me back to reality from my spiralling panic.

"Sayaka-chan are you alright?" Yui's voice echoed from the hallway.

How happy I am to hear this Angel's voice.

I opened the door and immediately flung my arms around a confused Yui.

"Sayaka-chan what's wrong?" Yui asked puzzled, as I pulled away from her. I simply pointed toward my neck and collarbone area. Yui covered her mouth and gasped, "Sayaka! Who did this to you? On your first night on top of that!"

I swallowed and whispered, "It was Laito." Yui's jaw dropped, "That little-" she cleared her throat, and asked, "How did this happen?" So I recounted what happened just a couple of hours back.

"Oh Sayaka, I'm so sorry. We have school soon and Reiji will stop by soon with your uniform." My eyes widened at the mention of the vampire, but Yui saw and quickly said, "He won't bite you unless you are the one to go to him and are alone, so you'll be fine. Also here's the thing about bites, I guess there's something in their saliva that rapidly heals, see the wound is already closing, but I could put on some makeup to cover it." Yui suggested.

"No Yui, I'll be fine but thank you," I said with a smile. "See you later!"

Yui nodded and went back to her room to get ready. Sighing, I sat down on my bed, what a day it has been.