twenty | the end

Harry was two. Hazel was tired. Dumbledore had offered her a position at Hogwarts, which meant she was welcomed there all year round. She of course planned on buying a small cottage or apartment for she and Harry eventually, though, Hogwarts sounded just fine right now.

She had become the Assistant Charm's Professor, teaching and learning alongside Professor Flitwick. Back when Hazel was a student, she was rather talented at Charm's, so when Dumbledore offered her the position, she couldn't say no.

Life without her best friends was just as hard as she had imagined, even harder at times when she wished for no more than a group hug from her boys, and Lily of course.

Nearly a year ago, her life finally seemed back on track. She was back where she belonged. In her apartment with Sirius and Remus, having a great relationship with James and Lily, seeing Peter for tea at least once every two weeks, spoiling her lovely Godson, and in a growing relationship with Sirius.

She certainly would have never guessed that any of that would have happened, but it had. And she was so grateful for it. And then Voldemort took that away.

Remus writes her every so often, mainly due to the fact that she sends him weekly letters to make sure he is safe and well. He only answers one every month or so, but it was just enough to keep Hazel from worrying about him.

Currently, Hazel's life was no where near perfect. She was living in the place where nearly all of her good memories with her dead best friends were made, and living with a small boy who constantly was a reminder that they were really gone. She was a 22 year old woman who was in charge of a two year old child, and she was terrified she would do a horrible job.

Most Professors noticed this and helped Hazel out in any way possible, except Snape of course. McGonagall kept Harry in her office and fed him biscuits while Hazel was stuck in lessons with Flitwick, and when McGonagall and Hazel were in class Dumbledore took him for strolls around the Great Lake, usually pushing him around in a stroller. Some days Dumbledore would wear sunglasses and flip flops, which caused most students to laugh.  On those days, McGonagall and Hazel made sure to hurry outside after their lessons and snap pictures of him.

Hazel would have never planned her life to go like this. She had always planned on James Potter being her downfall, though, not in this way. She still wished nothing more than to go back in time and do her best to make sure that awful night in 1981 never happened, but she can't. And she had accepted that.

She would be okay. Remus would be okay. Sirius would be okay. Harry would be okay.

Everything would be okay. And Hazel was slowly learning to be okay with that.

THE END

thank you all for reading!  this story was super fun to write, and if you enjoyed it, i will be releasing a sequel as well!  I have the first 20 chapters written, it'll be longer (chapter wise)  since it will follow hazel during her time at hogwarts while harry is growing up.  it will end shortly after the battle of hogwarts.  

I also have another story out called golden, which i'm in the exact middle of writing right now.  it's not a short story, but still a fun read nonetheless :)  let me know in the comments if you enjoy shorter stories like this one and its future sequel so I can write more!

once again, thank you for reading and voting! 

gia