Enemies?

Bloody hell...

The woman thought to herself as she stirred awake. Her head felt like its been hit by a baseball bat but her leg definitely no longer felt like it was split open and was gushing out blood anymore. In fact, it felt a little...numb. That was slightly concerning. She couldn't feel any other pain in her body aside from her headache, and by the looks of it, she was still sitting upright against something hard; a tree most likely.

She opened her eyes and looked around. It looked like she still had her helmet on, and it also looked like that it was already night time here on the planet. But what kept her surroundings from becoming completely dark was the small bonfire a little to the left in front of her. And it allowed her enough light to check on herself visually. Fortunately, she could see that she still had two arms and two legs. But her left leg had a tight bandage wrapped around the thigh. But at least she was okay for the most part.

Now to solve the other mystery. The bonfire illuminated the area just enough so that she could get a good look around her. It was still definitely the same forest she fell into, but it didn't look like the same area of the forest she was in some time ago, so she moved. And speaking of the bonfire, she doesn't even remember starting it. So, what the hell? She took a moment to think and tensed up because there could only one reason she-

"Hey, looks like you're finally awake."

The woman snapped her head further to her left to see the outline of another person. It was definitely a man, he was sitting down on the ground holding two sticks with something skewered on them over the fire. The gray and black pattern of his suit blended in well with the night, and he wore no helmet but said helmet was also laying on the ground next to him. And although the orange light of the fire was mixing up her sight a bit, she could still see his face with ease. He had tanned skin, black eyes, and hair which was neatly combed back and a clean-shaven face. He looked okay, to say the least. She tried to scoot away from him a little bit while also looking for the best route to take if she tried to make a break for it.

"Relax, if I wanted you dead then you'd be dead. And if that were the case then why'd I have to waste my time and resources to save you twice in one day just to kill you here? Not very efficient in my opinion." He told her while keeping his eyes to the stick. She didn't answer but he had a point.

She just proceeded to shift around her spot to make herself more comfortable as she observed both the man near her and her surroundings.

"Where are we?" She asked him.

"We're still in the forest, but further out from where you and I were at some time ago. I had to go pretty far and even made some circles to throw off any fauna tracking us," He replied.

"How long 'ave I been out?" She asked again.

The man put down one of the sticks he was holding and looked at his wrists before picking the stick back up and turning to face her.

"You've been unconscious for about five hours now. The prowlers were coming back but I took the liberty to carry your ass all the way out here so you don't get eaten. I also found us some dinner as well. It's not much, but it's something. You're welcome by the way." He said that last part in a rather smug tone before flashing her a smirk. She just rolled her eyes behind her helmet and looked away. "And oh yeah, since you're awake, try moving your leg around a little bit to see if it even still works." He told her and although she still remained silent, she complied anyway. It took some strength to get it to move around, it could be from the injury or it could just from the loss of energy and now it started to sting a little, but it was definitely moving, so that was a very good sign.