Rescue

Reminders:

-This probably already goes without saying but whatever, in order for this to work then I'm gonna have to break some in-game logic and incorporate real-world logic. So basically, the damage of a bullet hitting someone will vary on where they get hit, so no Kraber foots and one-shot body shots from a DMR are possible.

- And this story is heavy with references. See if you can spot them. But also be reminded that it's still not a crossover.

After the briefing, Delta-5 spent the rest of their short time to prepare for their mission. They made sure to load themselves with enough ammunition and equipment which they think would last them the whole duration of the mission. After that, they went to bed and recharged their internal batteries.

But not everyone...

As squad leader, Roux worked overtime to make sure that everything was in order and in shape for the mission. Walker and Hayley had volunteered to help her out in any way they can but was ultimately sent away by the persistence of the hard-headed second lieutenant. So, she got about only three hours of sleep compared to the others who had double that amount.

But, her hard work paid off and they launched without incident right after lunchtime the next day. But now, as they cruised towards their target, the 29-year-old Militia Force Reconnaissance sniper has fallen unconscious on Walker's shoulder while he simply complied, not having much of a choice.

Sweets and Hayley decided to tease them a little bit with the latter making a heart shape with her hands to which Walker sent over a few warning glares towards them which only caused them to snicker quietly, while Haggard kept quiet.

"LZ's coming up in a little, y'all better wake up," Chloe announced to them as the Crow approached the moon.

"Yeah, just give me a minute," Walker replied.

"We know you're enjoying it, Walker, but now's not the time," Roland said causing the rest of the occupants to laugh while Walker's face reddened slightly as well grunting in annoyance.

"Fuck you, Roland," He muttered before moving his to grab Roux's shoulder. "Nat, Nat, wake up," He said, shaking her slightly.

She stirred and straightened out, yawning under her helmet. "Where are we?" She asked sleepily.

"We're coming up on the moon, Nat," Walker answered.

"Right. Okay, Deltas, get your fangs out. We're hunting big game today." She told them.

They each checked themselves and their gear a couple of more times to make sure that everything was properly attached and secured to them as the dropship neared the planet.

"Okay, Deltas, here's the situation. Our recon drones had already arrived and scanned the moon. There are active air defense units around the surface as well as in orbit. And there are hostile troop movements within the vicinity as well. But, further scans indicate that security is, for some reason, on a minimum," Roland explained.

"Minimum, why?" Haggard mused.

The pilot shrugged. "Don't know, but whatever works for us is a good thing right?"

"Eh, I guess so."

"Cole, scans indicate that there's a patch of area right here that has no radar cover," Chloe said, pointing to the screen.

"Okay, then that's where we're going," Roland declared, accelerating the dropship.

Soon enough, the planet and the moons became visible from the window of the Crow. The most noticeable planet was the hulking gray gas giant which was Anea but orbiting it was their target, one of the moons called Sera. Although it was a moon, Sera had seas, rivers, and lakes as well as its fair share of hills and mountains. But it looks the area they were landing on was being enveloped by a storm.