Bad Company

"You guys better be quick. I don't think that would keep 'em occupied for too long." Haggard said into his comms as he and Walker ran across a hallway.

"The last databank is downloading. It'll only be a minute," Hayley replied.

"In the meantime, you two head back to the LZ and make sure it's secure. Roland's crazy but not crazy enough to land in a hot zone." Roux ordered.

"Copy that," Walker said as they locked down a door behind them, allowing them some time to breathe. "Well, you heard the boss-lady, Haggard. Let's make sure the LZ is secured."

"Nah, we can do that later he said," Haggard said, shaking his head as he scanned the room. "Let's go and loot some stuff."

Walker raised an eyebrow as he looked around as well. They were in a crew room of sorts with places people could rest on as well as a glass floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the hangar.

"Why the hell? So, we're pirates now?" Walker remarked.

"Hey, looting is an old wartime tradition dating back thousands of years. I just think we deserve a trophy." Haggard explained. "Besides, we came here to steal shit anyway. This won't be different."

"Alright, what the hell do we take then?" Walker gestured around the crew room with not many things to look at. The only things that looked interesting were- "Ooh."

His eyes landed upon a very comfortable looking living room couch placed against a wall on the other side of the room. Not only that, but he also spotted a refrigerator full of what they only guess was bottles of beer.

Walker and Haggard looked at each other for a second before looking back. At that moment, they knew what to do.

"I'm coming in hot, Delta-5! Y'all better be there!" Their dropship pilot told them as he was coming in for a landing.

"Copy that, Roland. Since when were we late?" Roux asked.

"Literally last mission!" The pilot replied.

"Good point. Over and out," Roux said, taking her finger off her comlink. "How's the data transfer you two?" She asked, turning to Sweetwater and Hayley.

"It's almost there...wait," Sweetwater said. "Aww shit."

"What is it? Lemme see," Hayley said scooting over to him and scanning his terminal. "Aww shit."

"What's happening?" Roux demanded.

"The damn file has a special encryption protocol. It's not gonna download with it on." Hayley explained.

"Can you hack through it?"

"It'll take too long," Sweetwater answered, shaking his head.

"What about Walker, his password should still be active," Hayley suggested.

Roux checked her holo display and cursed under her breath. "Naw, that'd take too long too, Roland's here in thirty seconds." She thought for a moment. "Can you just pull the hard drive out of it?"

Hayley shrugged. "Well, it is just a computer, pulling the hard drive will cut our access but the data should still be intact." She said.

Roux looked over to Sweets but he just gave her a nod to confirm Hayley's statement. "Alright, pull the hard drive then."

"Copy that," Hayley nodded and removed her Data Knife from the port and used it to slice open the covers to reveal the hard drives. From there, they just yanked it off, not worrying about breaking anything. They clipped on the hard drives to their belts and nodded to Roux.