𝐢𝐱 ↷ great reflexes

━━━━━━𝐥𝐨𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞 ━━━━━━

𝐢𝐱 ↷ great reflexes

━━━━━━━○🕷。.。🕸○━━━━━━━ 

Lilith would never have thought that there would be a moment in her life like this. Even after two days, the feelings of happiness in Lilith's chest had not evaporated and kept swirling when she saw a cover from NOW Magazine. That evening in the dining room with her aunt in Kansas, she had received a call that took her life in a new direction.

When she answered the call and gave a standard greeting, everything seemed to be normal, only when the person on the other end started talking did Lilith's mood change and move past-events into the background — events that had not yet returned.

"Good evening, Miss Hale! Theodor Gordon, I am Mister Jameson's assistant — my concern with this call is the photo you sent in for the competition! Mister Jameson would like to report about this masked hero and therefore, that you could take such a good picture of him we ask you if we could use this photo in our news — of course under your name!" silently Lilith listened to the man – Theodor Gordon –, her heart was racing in her chest and threatened to jump out and continue beating on her aunt's kitchen floor.

For a good minute Lilith was silent and processed the shock of the call and the question, only when Theodor spoke to her again did she come back to reality.

"Erm — yes, yes, of course, you can use the picture for your news!" stammered Lilith, feeling her aunt's eyes boring into her side, interested in what conversation her niece was having.

The door opened and Daniel and Dean came into the dining room, both surprised and interested to see Lilith on the phone.

Dean cast a questioning look at his wife, while Daniel's gaze lay on the half-frozen figure of his niece — Jules just shrugged her shoulders.

Suddenly Lilith thanked her interlocutor and said goodbye before hanging up and starring forward as she lay her cell phone on the table.

"Lilith?" called Daniel out her name softly as he walked over to crouch in front of her and find answers in her frozen state.

Lilith blinked once, twice, three times before she broke her frozen state and looked at her uncle with wide eyes.

"That was J. Jonah Jameson's assistant, they want to show my picture on the news," Lilith said in a weak voice, nervousness, and shock laying deep in her bones.

The eyes of all three adults widened abruptly, shocked by the news they had heard.

"Lilith, that's great!" Daniel laughed, hugging his niece tightly. Jules and Dean also congratulated Lilith that her picture would be shown in the news.