𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢 ↷ the search for evidence

━━━━━━𝐥𝐨𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞 ━━━━━━

𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢 ↷ the search for evidence

━━━━━━━○🕷。.。🕸○━━━━━━━ 

LILITH DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN PETER INVITED HER OVER TO HIS PLACE — having only crouched outside the building the day before. But Lilith was surprised by the minimalist décor — and she thought her room was minimalist. Standing in the middle of the room while Peter tried to shove the clothesline out of Lilith's eyes, cheeks burning red as he nervously chuckled.

"I didn't know Aunt May was having a laundry day! My room through that door," he nodded towards a door on the left, "make yourself comfortable!"

"Thanks!" Lilith shot him a friendly smile before disappearing into his room. It was a rather small but cosy room with a bunk bed. It was hard not to notice the piles of technology scattered around the room or on his desk.

Taking a look outside, Peter was still trying to handle the laundry, swinging her bag from her shoulder next to his desk Lilith took the opportunity to search through his stuff. It had bugged her since she found out his secret how exactly he always knew where to go and how his make-shift outfit looked like without him in it.

Opening his closet first Lilith felt bad for going through his private stuff. It was for research, she told herself and looked through his piles of clothing — she came up empty handed.

Taking another glance outside Peter was nowhere in sight. She turned and turned, trying to find out where he could possibly hide what she was looking for. Her eyes locked onto a nightstand, there was no way he'd — but it was worth a shot.

Opening up the first drawer Lilith grew wide eyed at her founding. Something like a satellite phone rested inside the drawer, on top of a manila file. Reaching into the drawer, Lilith was quick to close it again as the creaked door open, grabbing the first thing on the nightstand and turning around.

Peter stood in front of his door, bag still around his shoulder as he looked at her. Lilith overcame the shock and smiled lightly at Peter.

"Sorry, I just —" Lilith looked down at her hands to see what she had grabbed, a little block-like figure, "I saw this and wanted to take a look! Lego, right?"

Peter nodded with a tight lipped smile, walking over and setting his bag against his bed. Lilith brushed against the hair of the figure.

"Star Trek?"

"Star Wars!" replied Peter with an amused glint in his eyes, looking at the Lego between Lilith's white manicured fingers. "You're holding Luke Skywalker!"

"Handsome lad!" chuckled Lilith, placing the Skywalker figure back onto the nightstand, where other small figures rested. The figure didn't seem to stay still, as it flew on it's back whenever Lilith tried to place it back. Peter chuckled and wrapped his hand around Lilith's to stop her from trying once more.

"Here, let me," he said softly, taking the figure from her grasp and fixing it's legs before eventually putting it down. Lilith laughed lightly as the figure stood, shaking her head softly.

"He does not like me very much!" They laughed, as Lilith looked up she noticed how close they stood, arms almost touching. Peter noticed too, subtly looking down at the space that divided them.

Wrapping her fingers around his wrist, Lilith pulled him away from the nightstand and towards the kitchen. "You promised ice cream and hot chocolate, if I remember correctly!"

Peter laughed behind her, letting her lead him through his apartment. "Shouldn't we eat something else first?"

Lilith came to a stop, turning around she looked at Peter questioningly - it took her a second before she realised what he meant. "You got something in mind?"

Now it was Peter that took the lead towards the kitchen, he didn't know if May had been grocery shopping or not. A simple look into the fridge and the teenagers knew the answer.

"Pizza?" asked Peter, Lilith shrugged. "Pizza it is!"

━━━━━━━○🕷。.。🕸○━━━━━━━

Working on a chemistry project with an empty stomach wasn't the best idea. Lilith found herself thinking what their project would taste like. But with their pizza having arrived and their project going, Lilith couldn't be more content in that very moment.

"I sometimes question our teachers sanity!" mumbled Lilith as she watched Peter document their latest findings.

"Why that?" asked Peter, looking up from his writing.

"Would you let children play with chemicals?" retorted Lilith while stabbing the fluffy mass with a stick. She found it quite entertaining to watch how it went back to it's original form.

"I'm not sure —" replied Peter, getting back to writing. "How's the photography career going?"

"It's alright, I guess!" at Lilith's sighing Peter looked back up again. "I love photography! I just don't enjoy only getting a chance with it so I can give Jameson only one theme! The man is obsessed with —"

You? Spider-Man? Lilith didn't really want to talk about how Spider-Man took over her life to Spider-Man.

"Does he ask a lot from you?" asked Peter, now completely disregarding his writing and watching every reaction of Lilith.

"Is it a lot to ask a sixteen year old student to be available at all times to get you pictures of someone you see as a threat to humanity?" Lilith knew the answer should be clear but she couldn't see it. Her life had taken a 360 degrees turn over the last few months — with everything that's going on in her life she feels like she was drowning.

"Sounds like you could use a break from all this chaos!" Peter wanted to make Lilith feel better, he just wasn't sure how he could do that — after all, his life also took a 360 degree turn.

"Maybe after we finish this, we'll get that ice cream and hot chocolate!" A smile broadened the teenagers faces, making an agreement in silence as they went back to work.

I'm extremely happy with that gif I made! It's the first time ever that I made a gif and let me tell you it was frustrating because I had no idea what I had to do! 😂