Memories

JASPER

I was sitting in my room looking at a picture in my hand. She was on it. With her long brown hair and her beautiful smile.

Tears burned in my eyes and my chest pained. All I wanted was my Mate in my arms. Safe. I grabbed the dog tags around my neck.

Silver Avry

We had swopped tags. I had hers and she had mine. Just like she had my heart.

With my thumb, I slowly traced her name.

"Come on Jasper we gotta go" came Emmett's booming voice from downstairs. I put the picture back on my desk and hid the dog tags under my shirt again.

I walked down the stairs and without a word I went past the family and got in the car.

Esme looked at me worried and I just stared at the seat in front of me.

The family doesn't know about Silver. I concealed my thoughts when Edward was around and I never talked about her. They didn't know why I was always so distant.

The others pilled in the car and after a while, we arrived at the school.

I got out of the car and was about to go to the school when Blake, Alice's husband, stopped me.

"Jasper is everything alright. You are distant today. You know more than usual?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, we should go in now. Lessons are about to start"

After a few long hours, we had a lunch break. Apparently we had a new student. Isabella.

We walked into the canteen as a sweet scent hit me and my eyes immediately turned black. I also felt the hunger of all my siblings slam into me like a brick wall.

"Who are they?" we heard Isabella ask.

"The Cullens. Dr. Cullen and Mrs. Cullens foster kids. They moved here from Alaska a few years ago. They kinda keep to themselves. 'Cause they're all together. Together, together. The blonde one is Rosalie. She is a real bitch. She's with Emmett the tall one. They're a thing, I'm not even sure that's legal. Then the small one is Alice, she is really weird. She's with Blake. The lanky one with dark hair. And then there are Jasper and Edward, but apparently, nobody is good enough for them. The blonde one that looks like he is in pain is Jasper and the one with bronze hair is Edward. But seriously don't even try"

"I wasn't planning on it," said Isabella.

"She soo was. The way she was staring at Edward-" Blake got stopped by Alice kicking him under the table.

"I can't read her" Edward suddenly stated.

"Oh..poor Eddiboy. He can't stalk the new girl" mocked Emmett.

The others started talking to each other while I stared at the table in front of me.

Suddenly Alice gasped and Edward looked very confused.

"Jasper do you know anybody with brown hair. She...she has your dog tags... I think. I couldn't really read it. She was too far away" Alice asked after a few moments.

My eyes shoot up and I'm sure I looked like a dear caught in the headlight. Then I darted out of the room. I heard Emmett say something like 'okay what' before the door slammed shut behind me.

I walked into the woods as fast as humanly possible and as soon as I was out of sight I raced through the trees.

I ran so far, till I was miles away from any house. Then I collapsed on the ground and screamed my pain out.

I rolled myself up and grabbed my dog tags. I thought she died. I thought Maria had taken her from me.

My chest pulled itself together and I wouldn' be able to breathe even if I tried to.

My eyes filled with venom.
Because...

I loved her against reason, against promise, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.