You Are My Sun

A. N - After the pictures of our MishBir (the ones in the media box above) broke out on the internet, I couldn't help but write this one shot🙊 TBH, my excitement has reached it's peak and I can't wait to see them back onscreen from Monday💓 I hope y'all like my version of how things are mended between Mishti and Abir! Happy Reading!

Scene - Abir has left Mishti at the resort. Mishti has been trying to call him but his phone is switched off. While trying to call him again, Mishti weeped, "Abir I need you. Please Abir. I need you."

Mishti was near the poolside and was constantly trying to reach Abir, but all in vain. Everytime she dialled his number, the mobile operator repeated the same statement, "The number you're trying to call is currently switched off." Mishti was exhausted. Her mind told her that Abir wouldn't come back to her. But an ounce of her heart said that he would. Mishti was torn between the battle of her heart and mind. She looked at the heavens above and questioned, "Aisi kya galti kar di hai maine Kahnaji ki Abir mujhse baat bhi nahi karna chahta hai aur usne apna phone bhi switch off kar dia hai? Kya mei itni buri hu ki woh firse mujhe chod kar chala gaya?" She squeezed her eyes shut and let all her pent up pain slide down her cheeks in the form of tears. All this while, someone constantly had their gaze fixated on a distraught Mishti. The memories of their breakup near the lakeside assaulted her brain. Before she could shove those thoughts aside, someone put a hand over her mouth from behind. Mishti freezed and terror overtook her face as she realized what was about to happen. The person covered her face with a black hood. The person grabbed her by her waist, lifted her above the ground and started walking. Mishti attempted to free herself from the person's hold but all her efforts to break free were futile. The person's grip was too strong. After a few attempts, she simply gave up. She was tired. Of fighting. With Kuhu. With Abir. With her feelings. In short, with everything and everyone. In that moment, she stopped caring about her well being. She had left it all to fate. After the love of her life had also preferred to abandon her, much like her biological parents, "What was left anyway?", she had thought. The person's grip on her waist loosened a bit as she gave up on her fight to escape. Even though she had a very good chance to escape now, she didn't try to.

After walking for a bit, the person left Mishti. Her feet touched the ground. The person pulled the black hood off her face. Everything around her was pitch black. All she could hear were the faint sounds of insects. She didn't recognize the place. But then again, her mind had been fuzzy with other thoughts. "Tumhe mere saath jo karna hai woh kar lena lekin please ek aakhri baar mujhe apne husband se baat karni hai," she pleaded. The person clapped twice. Mishti didn't understand what her kidnapper was trying to do until the lights flickered on and she had to squint her eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness. As her eyes perceived her surroundings, a gasp left her lips. Her hands flew to her mouth. There was white tent in a corner. But what made her eyes water was the heart-shaped placard that hung at the entrance. It had only three words inscribed on it. But those three words, 'Abir Mishti House,' had the power to take all her pain away. She turned around and saw Abir standing just a few feet away from her. Mishti ran towards him and stopped in front of him. Abir pulled her by her elbow and she crashed against his chest. Her arms clasped around Abir's waist and his, around her shoulders. Mishti closed her eyes as her head rested on Abir's chest whereas Abir shut his eyes as his chin lay on top of her head. They held onto each other as if their lives depended on it. Warm tears of longing cascaded down their cheeks. Being in each other's arms after so long, they felt at home. Neither of them wanted to break apart and so they didn't. Abir kept kissing Mishti's crown every now and then.

After what felt like an eternity, they got out of each other's embrace. Abir wiped off her tears and Mishti did the same with Abir's. Abir cupped her cheeks and pressed his lips on her forehead. Mishti closed her eyes as he poured all his love and yearning for her in that kiss. He looked down at her and held her gaze. All of a sudden, Mishti's expressions changed and she narrowed her eyes at Abir. She smacked his arm. Reflexively, his hand flew to his arm. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Ouchh! Angry Chorni, lagta hai yaar," he faked hurt. "Tum yeh angry hokar violent kyu hogayi?", he voiced out.