My Whole World In A Frame - 2

Mishti's blood had run cold at the tone in which Abir questioned her. A million thoughts fleeted through her mind in a nanosecond. Her words were stuck in her throat and the one question that assaulted her mind was : How had Abir reached the Maheshwari house when she had clearly asked him to call her up and not pick her up? When Mishti didn't say a word, Abir spoke again.  

"Kaha ho tum?" He repeated in an agitated tone and the feeling of uneasiness settled in her heart. But she composed herself.

"Dekho Abir, ek baar meri baat.." 

"Kya sunu mei Mishti? Mei Maheshwari house aaya hu and guess what? Tum toh yaha ho hi nahi! And on top of that, Badimaa ko toh pata bhi nahi hai ki tum yaha aane wali thi," he hissed lividly.

Mishti's heart rate plummeted in dread. This wasn't what she had planned. This wasn't how things were supposed to unveil. But does anything ever unravel according to our plans? Mishti knew Abir's fury would shoot up the roof if she disappears without his knowledge again. The last time she had done, it had hurt Abir so much that he had asked her to leave in anger. And again, she had done it. But how would she explain it to him that this time, it was for him? 

When Mishti refused to say anything in her defense, Abir questioned again, "Now Mrs. Mishti Rajvansh, would you please do the honours of telling me that where exactly are you?" He gritted through clenched teeth. "Jab maine tumse kaha tha ki akele.."

"MishBir house," she cut him off in a timid voice. 

"What?" Abir asked, stupefied. 

"I'm at the MishBir house," she repeated herself, a little louder this time and ended the call. She kept her phone on a side and sucked in a deep breath to calm herself down. This wasn't the way she wanted to surprise Abir. But things hadn't gone completely downhill yet. She knew Abir would come here as soon as possible and when he would know what had forced her to lie to him, all his rage would melt away. So, she put on a smile, got back to the mirror and put on minimal makeup, just the way Abir preferred. 

It was hardly a 10-minute drive from the Maheshwari house to the MishBir house. But the entire way, Abir's mind had been a mess. All sorts of thoughts troubled him. Upon reaching, he quickly parked the car outside the house and bolted towards the main door. He rang the bell and impatiently waited for Mishti to open the door. 

Mishti was climbing downstairs when she heard the doorbell ring. She briskly walked towards the door and pulled it open. 

Abir stood awestruck and gaped at Mishti as soon as he saw her. All his questions died in his mouth. Clad in a sequined golden saree, Mishti looked like an enchantress with a magical smile, ready to cast a spell on the man who stood right in front of her.

 Clad in a sequined golden saree, Mishti looked like an enchantress with a magical smile, ready to cast a spell on the man who stood right in front of her

When Abir didn't say anything, Mishti clicked her fingers in front of him. That brought Abir out of his daze and only one word escaped his lips.

"Beautiful," he mumbled dreamily. Mishti blushed at his compliment and tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear.