We'll Be The Parents We Didn't Get - 1

A.N. - Based on the pregnancy precap

Since the moment Badimaa had revealed that Mishti was pregnant, Abir had been on cloud 9. His eyes shone with mirth. As soon as his eyes caught Mishti's sight, his heart burst in joy. Him and Mishti, they were going to be parents? It still felt like a dream. As soon as Mishti came and stood in front of him, Abir couldn't contain his excitement. 

"Tumne mujhe meri zindagi ki sabse badi khushi di hai. Aur ab mei iss bache ko duniya ki saari khushiyaan dunga," he vowed radiantly. Unable to express her happiness through words, Mishti embraced him in a tight hug, to which Abir closed his eyes and reciprocated with equal fervour. 

"Abirrr!" Came a voice. 

Still lost in his dreamland, he held someone's hand and spoke sleepily, "Nahi Angry Chorni. Tum best ho. Aur aaj mei bahut khush hu. Hum dono.." But before he could complete his statement, an entire glass of water had been emptied on his face. Abir woke up with a jolt. Looking at his shocked face, Mishti and Kuhu burst into fits of laughter. Abir gaped at the two people who had decided to prank him, early morning. When he saw Kuhu, he realized it had been her hand that he was holding. He immediately let go of her hand. Before Abir could say something about their behaviour, Kunal entered the room.

"Bhai woh.." he stopped speaking as he saw his brother drenched in water, still laying in bed. 

"Bhai, yeh kya hai? Aaj aapne shower bed par hi le lia?" Kunal said jokingly and tried to hide his smile. 

"Nankooo.." Abir faked anger and looked at him, cross-eyed. What had gotten into the members of the Rajvansh family, early in the morning? 

Kuhu, who was now standing besides Mishti, glanced at her and they both burst into another round of laughter. A small smile played along Abir's lips as he saw Mishti laugh heartily after so long. But he quickly hid it and got out of bed. He wasn't going to leave Mishti and Kuhu for pulling off this prank. Not so easily. 

He looked at Kunal and pointed out, "Maine bed mei shower nahi lia hai. Meri iss haalat ki wajah Mishti aur Kuhu hai." 

Kunal's posture stiffened and the smile that was tugging at his lips, disappeared. He looked pointedly at Kuhu and spoke exasperatedly, "Yaar Kuhu, problem kya hai tumhari? Tum apni immaturity se kabhi bahar aaogi bhi ya nahi?" 

All the happiness drained off Kuhu's face as Kunal rebuked her. She lowered her lashes as tears filled her eyes. Mishti and Abir exchanged nervous glances. Sure, Kuhu had made a lot of mistakes in the past but she was genuinely apologetic and trying to mend her relationship with Mishti. But Kunal was still stuck on her mistakes.

"Ab kya kar…" Kunal started only to be cut off by Mishti.

"Stop it Kunal. Kuhu ne kuch nahi kia hai. Yeh sab mera plan tha. Maine hi Kuhu se kaha tha ki mei Abir ko bulaungi aur jab woh fir se neend mei baatein karne lagega toh woh uss par paani daal de. It was just a prank aur Kuhu sirf meri partner in crime bann rahi thi," Mishti defended Kuhu. Kunal glanced between Mishti and Kuhu. Guilt covered his features as he realized his miscalculation. 

Sensing the tense atmosphere in the room, Abir decided to chip in.

"You did what Angry Chorni? Koi itne amazing aur charming husband ke saath aisa karta hai?" He complained like a kid. He walked towards Kuhu and wound his arms around her shoulder.

"Aur bro tum bhi? Yaar Mishti toh violent type ki hai hi lekin tum? Koi apne bro ko, subah-subah aise uthata hai kya?" He pouted. Kuhu's head shot up in Abir's direction as he called her 'Bro.' Her heart fluttered in joy as he addressed her with the familiar name that they had given each other.