Staring At My Moon

A. N. - Because it's Karvachauth today🥳 I've written all the Kunal scenes keeping Ritvik Arora in mind and I would like y'all to do the same😛 Also, I think this chapter is not up to the mark, so feel free to skip it! But if you wish to go ahead, Happy Reading❤️

In Abir-Mishti's room

Mishti's back was towards the door and she was talking on the phone when Abir returned to their room with a jug of water in his hands.

"Ji Badimaa. Mei kal subah aa jaaungi," she affirmed and Abir's brows furrowed in confusion as he heard half of her conversation. 

"Thike Badimaa. Ab mei rakti hu. Good night," Mishti wished and disconnected the call when she felt two hands snake around her waist. Abir pressed a kiss on the back of her head and a bright smile spread across Mishti's lips. She kept her palms on his hands and leaned back against his broad chest as her eyes flitted close. 

"Kal subah Badimaa ke ghar kyu jaana hai?" He asked softly and Mishti's eyes fluttered open before she turned around in his embrace and wound her arms around his neck. 

"Kyunki kal karvachauth hai aur subah sargi khaani hai," she replied excitedly and the traces of romance dispersed off Abir's face. "Isliye Badimaa ne kal subah Maheshwari house aane ko kaha hai," she informed and Abir stared at her as if had grown an extra head. 

"No," he mumbled distractedly as he backed away from Mishti and her forehead creased in confusion. "Tum vrat nahi rakhogi," Abir blurted out a little more loudly and Mishti gaped at him.  

"Par kyu?" She questioned disbelievingly and that seemed to bring Abir out of his daze. Abir looked at her as if this was the most silliest question she could ever ask. 

"What do you mean by kyu? Last time jab tumne vrat rakha tha toh mujhe dekhte hi tum behosh hogayi thi," he reminded her and Mishti wanted to say something when Abir held his hand up, indicating her to stop. "I'm not risking your health Mishti. Isliye tum vrat nahi rakh rahi ho. And that's final," he commanded and Mishti knew that there was no way she could turn his decision around. She wanted to keep the fast because it was her first Karvachauth after marriage and she had to quickly think of something that would leave Abir with no option but to agree to her request. 

"Okay," Mishti voiced out and Abir stood there, stupefied. How had Mishti agreed to him without putting up a fight? "Agar mei vrat nahi rakhungi toh tum bhi vrat nahi rakhoge," she posed her trump card smartly and Abir was left completely flabbergasted. The look on his face only confirmed Mishti's assumptions about there being no way for Abir to win this against her. 

"What? Don't be ridiculous Mishti. Aur aisa kaha likha hai ki agar patni vrat nahi rakhti hai toh pati bhi vrat nahi rakh sakta hai?" He asked dubiously and Mishti suppressed a chuckle. It really was a treat to have Abir all unclear and wavering.

"Ideally, yeh vrat sirf ladies hi rakhti hai. Apne pati ki lambi umar ke liye. So, tumhare vrat rakhne ki baat hi nahi aati hai. But anyway, the choice is yours. Yaa toh hum dono vrat rakhenge ya koi bhi nahi," she smirked victoriously as Abir found himself trapped in his cunning wife's word web. 

"This is so not fair," Abir gritted grumpily as he could think of no way out and Mishti let out a hearty laugh at his plight. 

"Everything is fair in love and war, Ajeeb Rajvansh," she sang and pinched Abir's nose teasingly. Before she could pull her hand back, Abir held her wrist and tugged her forward. Mishti crashed against Abir's front and her eyes rounded at the suddenness of his action while his other arm smoothly glided across her waist to hold her in place. 

"I hope you don't forget that when I come for my gift tomorrow, Mrs. Rajvansh," he whispered naughtily against her ear and Mishti blushed crimson as her mind registered the meaning behind his words. Abir chortled at her state before he pulled her cheeks. "Tum blush karte hue kitni cute lagti ho," he commented and Mishti hid herself in his chest, unable to face him with the blistering pinkening of her cheeks. Abir securely wrapped his arms around her petite torso.