Chapter 13

10:00 AM
Friday, one of the Restaurant's bedroom

Pudding and Omurice are, as expected, surfing through the bills together in an empty room for solitude, writing down the total expenses and all that kind of accountancy shit your author doesn't understand because they suck at Maths.

"Hey, Omurice."

"Yes, Pudding?"

"Does your legs hurt?"

"If you mean sitting on the floor, calculating these—."

"From running through my dreams all night?"

Omurice took a few seconds of silence between him and Pudding, staring at the papers filled to the brim with numbers on his left hand and the other hovering over a calculator, mouth slightly agape.

Pudding didn't react, keeping his composure as he balanced a calculator on his knee, papers upon papers sprawled in front of him on the bed.

His cheeks burst in a red hue when his mind finally clicked into one place, letting go of the papers to bury his face in his hands, embarrassed and shocked at the slick pick-up line the other food soul smoothly delivered.

Pudding pushed his sunglasses up, one side of his lips curling up into a smirk he didn't even dare to hide. 'Hehe, got 'em.'

He didn't notice Omurice swiping the papers and the calculator away from the bed, crawling towards him for their faces to be inches apart, an unidentified expression in his eyes.

He leaned closer to push the other food soul down on the bed, a hand going up to remove the sunglasses as he gently pushed Pudding's legs apart, enough for him to go in between them.

"Well, will you legs hurt from spreading them for me every night?" Omurice whispered in his left ear, fingers curling around the other's wrists and pinned it above his head. "Huh, Pudding?"

The coy expression on Pudding's face completely washed away as he weakly struggled against the restraints, a hot pink hue spreading across his cheeks, tears building up in his eyes as Omurice trailed featherlight kisses down his neck.

"Ngghh—!" He gasped, his back arching off the bed, hooking his legs around Omurice's waist as the other food soul sucked on his sweet spot, eliciting whines from him. "Ah~."

"Omurice! Pudding! Are you guys done with—!" Jello burst into the room amidst their actions, creating a tense, awkward atmosphere in the room as Omurice lifted his head from Pudding's neck, all three having intense, crimson blushes on their faces. "O- Oh..."

Jello looked away with an obscure expression on her face, chuckling uncomfortably as she made her way to close the door behind her. "I think I'm interrupting something, you guys can continue what you're doing."

The grand idol left, causing Omurice to hang his head low and sigh into Pudding's shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He apologised to the other, voice barely a whisper as he crawled away from him and made his way to sit down on the floor and continued to compute the bills.

Pudding sat up in disappointment, tracing the few love bites on the side of his neck with a sigh, swinging his legs over the bed to pick up the fallen papers to continue his job.

11:40 AM
Friday, Restaurant

"You look utterly... dispirited today, Pudding." Their Attendant pointed out as the two watched Jello perform one of her songs to the customers with Mango Pudding on the side, her face contorted into one of disapproval.

"Having a bad day, Master Attendant." Pudding muttered out, barely bothering to push his sunglasses up to the bridge of his nose, slowly sliding down towards his apex.

"Is it about you and Omurice," Akumu hummed, her head tilting to face the side profile of the other food soul, taking note of a love bite peeking out from behind his scarf. "Isn't it?"

Pudding didn't answer, though Akumu could see the frown decorating his lips, the tears he held back shining in his eyes, and his eyebrows slightly knitted together.

She took his silence as a yes and went back to watching Jello perform, not aware of the food soul slipping away to search for Omurice who had sneaked out on the clock.

'The two are weirdly uncharacteristic today.' She narrowed her eyes in concern, glancing at the empty space where Jello's manager had once stood. 'I hope they can work it out soon.'

Omurice, who is currently located in the backyard sitting on one of the tree branch, closed his eyes as he listened to one of Jello's ballad songs to calm his fuzzy thoughts, his back pressed against the tree trunk and his legs sprawled in front of him.

He didn't care of the fallen leaves falling onto his hair, or the near inaudible footsteps closing in on him — though he may be perching on the highest branch of the tree, the person could absolutely and easily reach him, due to his habit of rock climbing whenever he has free time.

Pudding tilted his head up, spotting the other food soul resting on the highest branch. With a sigh as he pushed his glasses up, he wiped the sweat off the palms of his hand and started to make his way up the tree.

He jumped from the trunk to the branch where Omurice is sitting, hauling himself up from his demise and carefully sitting in front of the other food soul, tapping him on the ankle.

Omurice cracked one eye open when he felt the presence of the food soul, pulling out his right ear bud to half-assedly listen to the strict food soul's berate.

Pudding frowned as he paused the song he is listening to, ripping the ear buds away from him so he could properly pay attention to him. "Master Attendant is worried."

"I know." Omurice sighed out, dragging a hand down the side of his face, refusing to look at him in the eyes. "It's just that..."

"You're dissatisfied, aren't you?" Pudding questioned with a soft voice, his hand going up to remove his sunglasses and tuck them away in his pocket. "About... earlier."

"You make me sound like I was horny earlier." He chuckled bitterly, a small smile toying his lips as he mindlessly picked on the hems of his shirt. "No, just disappointed..."

Pudding and Omurice looked at each other, the atmosphere surrounding them going silent besides the chirping of the birds and the leaves rustling about when a wind comes and goes.

"What are you guys doing up there?" A voice broke the silence, causing the two food souls to glance down and see Hawthorne Ball pouting, hands on her hips and tilting her head up to look at them. "There's a lot of orders and Pancake and I can't handle them all. Please get down and help us!"

"We'll be there in a moment." Omurice replied, his eyes following the figure of the girl sulking off at the answer she got.

"Are you sure?" Pudding raised an eyebrow, his hand reaching up to pick the fallen leaves away from the other's hair. "I mean, Jello accidentally walked in on us."

Omurice simply giggled as he cupped his cheeks in his hands with a smile adoring his lips. "I'm sure! It's not like I'm going to do it with you today."

The leader of the Jello fan club pulled away and swiftly gave Pudding a kiss on the forehead before jumping off the branch, landing on his feet and waltzing off into the kitchen.

Pudding stayed put, his mind comprehending Omurice's words before his cheeks coloured in a dark pink, burying his face in his hands in embarrassment and shock.

"Omurice, you idiot..."