Part 35 - Reflections

"Now, we're glad to present to you, the pair that have gotten us through so many championships over the years, and so many memories .. Miss Emily Grace Jackson and Benjamin James Smith!"

The crowd cheered them on as they entered the middle of the pitch black rink, waiting for the spotlights to fall directly on them.

A small upbeat played before they started to dance to their roles, Emily was a cheeky red devil with little horns poking from her hair glittered with hairspray while Benjamin was a silly young man falling into her alluring trap, as the music was steady she pranced around seductively moving her arms and legs in a very slow manner whilst Benjamin desperately trailed after her, but just as soon as the music dived into a super fast jive they came together to perform an extremely rehearsed and difficult dance, the twisted and they turned as the small strings that hung from Emily's dress sashayed around.

They perfectly portrayed the characters with their intriguing humor and exaggerated moves, it was freeing to be thrown across the ice as silly as it sounds, but when Benjamin lifts her into the cool air nothing felt better, she couldn't decide whether it was because she was back in her skates or because of the words she just read, but either way she was at her best.

The audience clapped in time with the music and the best part about this dance was that it was the opening one, the one where all the dancers from every set are introduced. Just as the last chorus came around the music stopped and the lights went out for seven or so seconds leaving the audience with suspense of what might have went wrong but everything was re-introduced but this time the music was louder, the lights were brighter and the whole team were dancing the same choreography perfectly in time with each other.

And finish.

They held there pose as the clouds of warm breath danced above the ice, it wasn't long till the audience members stood up one by one to really embrace the magic of the moment.

After holding their position for a while they let there muscles loose, taking the tie to quickly steal a breath. The sets performed in order starting with the bronze and making its way up to the gold with a couple different solos and duets here and there. Emily's extra time spent going over intricate details to feeling the music really payed off since nobody had stumbled at all and it was down to her to wrap up the night with another yet another solo.

Ever since she danced to 'Falling' Miss Kate wouldn't let a concert go by without Emily dancing away the night, giving everyone a little taste of what an emotional wreck of a dance looks like.

Her skates scraped over the dazzling ice in one slow but flawless curve, her hands painted an invisible picture that could be seen so perfectly, and her face, it shown every bit of emotion that held herself together.

Her breathing was stuck in a pattern similar to a dolphin, diving in and out of a black ocean drenched in fear, her eyebrows were fixed into a concerned look as she searched for the next bucket of cold hair to fill her lungs. Usually at times like this she would feel so much until there was absolutely nothing left to feel but that clearly wasn't the case tonight since emotions just kept scattering through her shattered body, draining her from all senses of reality.

It was ironic, dancing to a song that related to her so much, the night she met him, she had just about had it with the state she was living in, if he wasn't there that night to scare Jake away then she would be stuck.

When the night was full of terrors,

And your eyes were filled with tears.

When you had not touched me yet,

Oh, take me back to the night we met.

Her turns, her jumps, her hand gestures, they were all inexplicably reflecting, the dance filled itself to the brim with pent up fear and sorrow, as if she were mourning after her own past.

"Did something happen to her? I've never seen anything like this" Miss kate moped through her watering eyes as Benjamin gripped onto the barriers of he rink forcing his own back down his throat. "she's had a messed up journey.."

Miss Kate bit her lip swallowing the harsh reality of why some dancers as just so good at telling a story, when you find yourself dancing like this you know that the story they're trying to tell is actually an experience.

Emily hooked her leg letting her spin at rapid speed slowly changing positions lower to the ice to finish the phrase, song and story in a calming yet deep way so the song could swallow up the fear she had struck onto the frozen ground.

The dim lights settled on her, in the silence of it all.

After the crowd grabbed back their escaping presence of being in the room instead of a dream the applaud shattered from wall to wall, roses were flung onto her chilling stage as well as full bouquets. She fluttered her eyes to rid of all the tears just when she heard, "YESS, COME ON!" With that all too familiar voice her eyes skimmed over the shocked faces of the audience to.. Louis? .. Niall, Zayn Liam and of course ..Harry. All five of them sat cheering her on with the biggest and most uplifting smiles she had seen.

She gave them a gentle wave as all her limbs were practically jelly but the unbelieving look on her face told them just how much she was happy to see them, after taking in her well deserved applaud her skates glided her off the ice and into the dressing room crowded with everyone who performed that night.

She was welcomed with another huge cheer and one more suffocating hug from Benji, "What the FUCK was that!"

"SHhh, Benji there's kids like, everywhere." she quickly informed him as the younger set huddled around her in one big hug, he slowly separated as they swarmed them with laughter and cheers, since she really didn't have the room to hug them all back she simply repaid them with a pat on the head.

"Oh- looks like someone is here to see you.." Benji added as he spun her around to face Harry, without thinking she ran up to him and jumped into his arms curling her legs around his body.

"What's this for?" he joyfully chuckled. Emily nestled her head into his neck, muffling the words she had been waiting to say since the show had started.

"Harry, I love you too"