Part 43 - North Star

She parted from the hug to look at the face that was missing from her life for the past six months, Harry took the opportunity to plant a kiss onto her soft, smiling lips, but it wasn't long before her rushing ideas broke it apart "Oh! You have to come see the apartment!" 

She grabbed his hand and rushed him up the stairs after he stumbled after hir suitcase, "Harry! Oh, what a surprise!"

"Hey Mary, it smells amazing up here." He greeted her with a small hug after they had climbed the stairs, "oh you know, were just doing the usual daily bake." They both chuckled to see George and Lilly fighting over who got to scrape the batters contents out of the bowl while the budgie fluttered around its cage on her kitchen table, avoiding the cats attempts to claw it.

"It's good to back," he laughed, appreciating the hectic yet homely environment, Emily's hands startled him as they closed over his eyes. "You ready to see it?" She uttered whilst guiding him through his open door.

"Should I be scared..?" Emily laughed at his comment whilst budging him forward, "hard to tell. really."

"Oh god."

She took her hands away from his face and watched him as he ran his hands through the his dark hair, his eyes didn't know where to look, "Emily, this is.." He pushed a sharp breath out in disbelief at the fact that his apartment looked like it hadn't been harmed one single bit. 

"This is amazing!" 

He wondered inside and brushed his hands over the sofa Emily had put together not too long ago, everything looked as good as new. "Wh- what the hell, is this actually real!?" 

"Hard to believe isn't it?" She added, biting her lip to hold her gleaming mile from growing any wider. "You did this yourself?" He turned around appreciating that it looked so similar to how it originally did. 

"Benjamin and Alex came round at some points to give a hand but apart from that, yea pretty much." 

She closed the door behind her, walking over to the new kitchen island to prop herself on the edge of the counter. Harry's hands slid along the clean countertops towards the window which held the same gorgeous view behind it. 

"And you installed a new window!?" She smiled and nodded, looking beyond the city of randomly placed buildings. "Jesus, this is insane." 

He took a couple minutes to recall the memories of when he first met Emily, how she was captivated by the little window above his kitchen counter. He turned with a smile and walked towards her, standing in between her dangling legs. 

"Now we can finally live together," He said before kissing the smile on her lips, no feeling could compare really, nothing felt better than this.

"I can't believe how much my whole life changed in the space of one night.." she muttered as their lips separated. He gazed at her in such a loving way. 

"..I love you so much." He said, taking pride in the fact that he had finally allowed himself to fall for someone, but never in a million years did he expect it to feel like this.

"I love you too." She uttered past her gleaming smile, things were different, and different can be good, but in this case. Different was amazing.

Emily Jackson, the little north star that now belonged to Harry.

The End.