one;

after a boring talk about how do deal with our emotions, ed tells us to go home and that he will see us again tomorrow.

i wait for everyone to get up before i do. once the small group is almost entirely gone, i get up and walk towards the door, calum following behind.

i tuck loose strands of hair behind my ear and head towards the lobby rather slow. i reach for my phone in my back pocket but it isn't there. i turn around frantically bumping into someone.

"looking for this?" he grins, holding my beat up phone. he seems much taller than he was a few moments ago. maybe my body shrank with my mind.

"oh yeah, thanks." i take it from him and put it in my pocket.

"no problem." he nods.

i just stand there awkwardly and fold my arms across my chest. calum steps closer to me. i look up at him and he raises an eyebrow.

"so is that all?" i begin. "because i um, i have to get going." i nod my head.

"you know, jessica, we're all crazy." he tells me. my eyes widen a bit and i chuckle. i chuckle because he doesn't even know what happened.

"you wouldn't get it." i shake my head and look at the floor.

"i don't need to." he replies.

"did my phone fall out of my pocket?" i change the subject. i remember checking the time every five minutes so i already know it couldn't have fallen out.

"not exactly," he smirks. "i just wanted a reason to talk to you so i took it when you weren't paying attention." he blushes.

"why?" i ask.

"i just told you why. i wanted a reason t-" i interrupt him.

"no, why did you want a reason to talk to me?"

"you're an intriguing person, jessica." he bites his lip and shrugs his shoulders. i take a brief moment to examine the beautifully inked marks on his arms.

there are quite a lot of them but i'm not complaining. something about him seems so dangerous and mysterious. i kind of like it.

"the only intriguing thing about me is the excessive amount of freckles I have." i roll my eyes. "but really, i have to go. if i don't get home soon enough to take my medicine then i might not be alive by tomorrow." i sigh and begin walking outside.

"hey wait!" he shouts. "what do you mean?"

i stop for a moment before continuing to walk. i hope that he won't even remember this conversation tomorrow. i don't have any friends for a reason. i always end up hurting them badly and i don't want to hurt another innocent person. not that he even wants to be friends, i'm just being cautious.

-
a/n:
CALUMDNAKQKOSHD!1!1!1
ok but anyways, i'm bored af and wrote this quick little chapter so i hope you like it and shit. i love anyone who reads this and shoutout to the first commenter, i love you and you're amazing and keep supporting this story please. i promise you won't regret it

nO RAGRETS MAN

hA fml.

cal