23 ⇢ let go

"jimin," said jeongguk as they were walking hand in hand on the dock, "i need to talk to you about something. that i mentioned yesterday."

jimin looked at him, "that doesnt sound good," jimin said with a sad smile, "the last time i was told that there was something to share, i found out i'd have to take my dad's crown."

jeongguk sympathize, "well," he began to explain, "when i first brought you aboard, i had a deal with my father. he wanted to dump you off somewhere, but i insisted you would want to keep a pirate."

jimin nodded and they stopped walking and jeongguk leaned on the dock, "well he said if there was a reward, then we could keep you, if not, dump you. at first we kept you because you wanted to become a pirate, but now there's prize money."

jimin knew where this was going, "and now he wants to return me and get the prize money, right?"

jeongguk nodded sadly. jimin sighed, "looks like my freedom
has come to an end," he said sadly as he chuckled and looked at the ocean.

"jimin," jeongguk said holding both his hands, "i don't want you to go," he said, "i know this is selfish, but i really love you. it may sound crazy, but i want to keep you locked up."

jimin chuckled with a smile, "oh jeongguk," he said and pecked his cheek, "i like you too, very much. i don't want to be separated from you either. but it sounds like your dad is serious about it. i heard from baek that we are already heading to the mainland."

jeongguk sighed, "does this mean we have to..."

"i don't know," jimin said, "maybe we can write to one another."

jeongguk frowned, "i won't be able to touch your hand, or kiss your check or look into your eyes."

jimin touched his cheek, "then we just have to savor each day."

"we only have a day and a half," jeongguk replied, "that's not enough time."

"you sound like you had something to do?" said jimin a suspiciously.

jeongguk cleared his throat, "i wanted to tire you out after an all night, uh, activity."

jimin blushed, "are you off your barnicals?! we sleep with a bunch of other people in the same room."

jeongguk smiled, "well we wouldn't be in there..." he said. jimin slapped him knowing where, "jeongguk!" he shrieked.

jeongguk laughed and continued to spend his time with jimin before the they lost daylight.

at night they cuddled and jeongguk told jimin different pirate myths and his travels. jimin was truly going to miss the life on a ship, but he was going to deeply miss jeongguk.

jimin really wondered if they could write while jeongguk was on sails and him with royal duties.

soon their last day came and everyone could see land. "time is almost up," said jimin as jeongguk was beside him, "why did time have to go by so quickly," jeongguk said.

"ship ahead!" shouted baek, "head straight for us!"

"it's a fight!" yelled a crew member. the captain came out and observed, "it's a royal," he shouted.

everyone looked at jimin, who was holding jeongguk's hand.

" you think they know he's here?" asked jinyoung who came out of the kitchen to the captain. the captain only shook his head, "get ready to fight!" shouted the captain making everyone prepare.

jeongguk turned to jimin, "go with baek and stay there," he said, "hopefully we don't have to fight."

jimin nodded and was going to join baek when jeongguk pulled him back quickly for a kiss before letting him go.