Elvis Presley #3

Imagine having to say goodbye to your boyfriend Elvis who was going off to war. Your heart was squeezed just by imagining the love of your life fighting in foreign lands. You could only hope that God would always accompany him and bring him back to you as soon as possible.

There were tears in your eyes before you even reached the bus terminal where Elvis was going to leave for a fort in Kansas.

"Honey ...", he said and held your hand before kissing it gently. "It's okay. Please don't cry, alright?"

"But Elvis ...", you said between sobs. "I don't want ... I don't want you to go ..."

"I will return my love. You will see that I will be back in an instant.", He assured you and smiled. "I love you so much. Never forget that."

"I love you too, Elvis," you said before he came over to kiss you on the lips.

"I promise to write to you whenever possible.", Elvis said. "Please don't cry. Or else I'm going to cry too and a soldier shouldn't cry."

You wiped the tears from your face trying not to cry. You didn't want to let go of his hand. You didn't want to have to see Elvis getting on the bus, but you had to. Elvis kissed you again and said how much he loved you before getting on the bus. You saw him appear in the bus window and there were tears in your eyes again.

"Don't forget about me, dear.", Elvis told you from the bus window.

"I could never forget you ...", you said almost crying. "Take care, my love."

"I love you (Y / N). I'll get back to you as soon as possible.", Elvis said and waved goodbye. "I love you."

*****

Elvis was so handsome!