Dean Martin #3

You were at a small cafe in New York, where you used to hang out as a child with your parents. You are on your thoughts, when someone goes against you making you almost spill the hot coffee on the man.

"Sorry, sir ...", you said, looking at the coffee cup.

"Don't you see where you are going to?", Jerry asked but only then did he look at the girl who went up against him recognizing her. "(Y/N)?"

"Jerry!" You exclaimed, happy to see him. "How are you? I'm sorry about the coffee."

"No problem.", He said and winked. "I haven't seen you in a while. How's everything going?"

"For some time, yes. I missed you." You agreed and then told him about your new job and your plans for the future while you were drinking coffee together.

"So what about Dean?" Jerry asked. "You are..."

"We are just friends.", You said hurriedly. "Just friends."

Jerry brought the coffee to his lips and suddenly there was silence between you both.

You and Dean were just friends, but you knew you liked him as more than just a friend. To be honest, you have been in love with Dean since the age of sixteen and you have never told anyone. Nor your best friend Jerry, but maybe he already suspected something. He knew you too well.

"Can I ask you a question, Jerry?", You said and he nodded.

"Sure. What's up?", he asked. 

"Well ... do you think a girl like me has a chance with Dean? I mean, he's a star."

And at that moment Jerry laughed. His laughter left you confused. What was so funny?

"You like Dean, don't you?" He asked. "I can see it in your eyes. You know (Y/N), I think you should tell him how you feel."

"You are crazy, Jerry!" You exclaimed. "I will never tell him, not in a million years."

...

On that afternoon, Jerry and Dean were going to film some scenes for their new movie together.

"Jerry Boy!", Dean exclaimed when he saw him in the studio.

"Hey, Dean.", Jerry said getting closer. He was still thinking about the conversation he had with you on that morning. You were so in love with Dean and Jerry thought that you would make a nice couple with Dean.

"What's wrong, Jerry?", Dean asked. "You look like you have a lot in your mind, my friend."

"It's nothing.", Jerry said, shaking his head.

"Nothing? I'll pretend I believe in you.", Dean said and lighted a cigarette.

It was none of Jerry's business to talk about you and your feelings, but he really wanted to help you. You and Dean were his best friends.

"I saw (Y/N) this morning.", Jerry said, and Dean looked at the friend still smoking his cigarette.

"How was she?", Dean asked. "I haven't seen her in like what? Two weeks?"

"Maybe you could go visit her.", Jerry suggested. "I think she would like that."

"That's a good idea, my friend. Maybe I'll call her tonight or tomorrow."

Even though it was none of his business, Jerry couldn't help but say:

"You know she liked you a lot, don't you?"

Dean looked at his friend trying to understand.

"I like her too.", Dean said. "She is a special girl."

Jerry looked at his own shoes.

"You don't understand, do you?", Jerry said, looking at his best friend. "Man, she is in love with you."

In that moment, Dean looked surprised. But then he smiled.

"She likes me? I mean, she loves me? How do you know?"

"She told me that.", Jerry said. "I am only telling you this because I know you like her too. You don't have to lie to me. But please don't break her heart, ok?"

And then Jerry hugged his best friend. Maybe now Dean and (Y/N) could finally be happy together. 

*****

Sorry this sucks! :(