Chapter 6

~Alex's POV~
(Three hours after Haley got the nurse. It it now midnight)
I just got released from the hospital and Haley is driving me home. She said that she wants me to get some rest but I said no because I feel okay. I don't know why I still haven't told her about the bullying and who they are. I guess it's just another personal thing to keep to myself like every other thing in my mind.

"Do you have time to stay and talk? Because I have something VERY important to tell you about."

"I do have time to stay and talk, but I think you should get some rest. Whatever you have to tell me will just have to wait till tomorrow."

"Okay well I guess I will see you tomorrow at school. Bye!" I said getting out of the car. She got out of the car too and gave me a hug. She got in her moms car and yelled "Bye!" to me from the window. I went inside and there stood the devil. My mother was home. Home way too soon and I could tell that she was drunk.

"Where the hell have you been?!?!" She slurred.

"I was at the fair with my friend, Haley. What are doing here?" I asked with a shakey voice. I was scared of her, especially because was drunk. She didn't answer my question so I started backing up and she was getting closer to me. I stepped out the front door backwards and looked to my right. Taylor just pulled into his driveway and all the guys came out of his car one by one. I wanted to scream so badly but I knew that they wouldn't do anything. I decided to take a step inside and make a run for the stairs. I got up to my room, shut the door, and locked it. I looked over at my window and I saw all the boys in Taylor's room. They were sitting in a circle talking or playing truth or dare. I ran into my bathroom and closed and locked that door as well. I heard my mom trying to break down the door. She was screaming at me to open the door. She finally broke down my bedroom door. She started to kick my bathroom door in. The door came down and my mom grabbed me by my hair. She dragged me out of the bathroom and made me stand up while she was still holding my hair. I stood up and she let go of my hair and slapped me across the face. Then she kicked me and punched me in the stomach. She took a gun out of her belt loop from her back. She put it to my head and said...

"Say goodbye to life Alex! You were a mistake and the worst daughter ever."

"Why mom?! Why would you kill your own daughter?!" I yelled.

"That doesn't matter right now!" And then she shot me in the shoulder instead of my head and I fell. I saw her leave the room and my vision was getting blurry. And then black.

~Taylor's POV~
We finished the project at the fair on our own and left. The guys all came to my house and we went upstairs to my room. I was telling them about how you can step into the neighbors house. Then I told them that Alex was my neighbor. We all started to play truth or dare. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Alex run into her room and close the door. We all looked over and then went back to playing because we didn't care about what was going on at her house. We kept playing until they all left. Then I went back upstairs and layed down. I heard a scream and some yelling. Then a gun shot. I ran downstairs and my mom was the only one home. She was okay but didn't hear the gun go off. I ran upstairs and into my room. And there was Alex, straight ahead in her room on the floor. There was blood everywhere. I had to save her. I opened my window and reached over to open her window. Luckly it was unlocked. I got into her room and saw that her shoulder had a bullet in it. I noticed that she wasn't breathing either. I heard someone coming up the stairs so I picked Alex up and brought her to the window. I slowly put her down in my room and shut both of our windows. And then I looked back and saw Alex's mom. She looked drunk and had a gun in her hand. I yelled for my mom and closed my curtains. My mom came running up the stairs and she screamed. She works at a hospital but this probably scared her.

"Mom, Alex was shot in the shoulder."

"Okay stay calm. First I need you to grab me a lot of towels. Then call 911 and tell them what happened. Go now!" I grabbed all the towels I could find and gave them to my mom. I then ran downstairs to get my phone. I dialed 911 and told them my location and what had happened. They were about 10 minutes away! But I needed them now! I ran back upstairs to my room. I helped my mom to try and stop the bleeding. Right now I feel so guilty for what I have done to her lately. I am sorry because she is beautiful. I just can't explain it. I heard the ambulance and the police cars pull in. They rushed her into the ambulance on a gurney. They also got Alex's mom and took her to jail.

"Can I ride in the ambulance with her?"

"Any relations?"

"Um... I'm her boyfriend."
---------------------------------
So I bet you never saw that coming! I loved writing this chapter! It was so amazing when I finally finished. And I just got sick yesterday so thats why I didn't update yesterday. Hope you guys like it ~Bæ💚