Chapter 24 - You're The One That I Want

Ryder stood beside me, a heart warming smile on his lips; making my heart flutter with joy. It was such a strange feeling, but it always happening whenever Ryder was around me. Whether he was just there or simply smiling at me, I always felt so happy.

Ryder nudged me lightly in the ribs and then backed away from me as the music echoed throughout the room, getting in his rehearsed position, and began to sing.

Ryder:
I got chills.
They're multiplyin'
And I'm losin' control.

'Cause the power
you're supplyin',
it's electrifyin'!

He took off his cardigan, spinning it in his hand, and then throwing it at me. I laughed and hit it away, letting it fall to the floor in front of us before I began trying to flirt with Ryder as Sandy.

Marley:
You better shape up,

I gave him a soft push on the chest and he stumbled backwards, his eyes wide and sparkling. My heart started to race and I almost didn't have enough breath left to sing the next line.

'cause I need a man
and my heart is set on you (New Directions: And my heart is set on you!)

You better shape up;
you better understand
to my heart I must be true.

Ryder:
Nothin' left,
Nothin' left for (Marley: Ooo)
Me to do

Marley and Ryder:
You're the one that I want (New Directions: You are the one I want)
Ooo, oo, o

Honey
The one that I want (New Directions: You are the one I want)

Ooo, oo, o
Honey

The one that I want (New Directions: You are the one I want)
The one I need
Oh, yes indeed

Ryder and I were dancing around like lunatics, spinning each other and being incredibly flirty - it wasn't exactly what we were meant to do, but I think we were having too much fun to care. As I was about to sing the second verse again, Rachel stood up from her spot on the ground and started singing... to Finn, on the other side of the stage. I should have known they were an item of some sort.

Rachel:
If you're filled
with affection
you're too shy to convey,
meditate in my direction.

Feel your way.

Ryder pulled me over to the side of the stage, watching on as Finn and Rachel flirted with each other, just as he and I were doing. I was watching them with awe, because they were kind of adorable together.

Finn:
I better shape up,
'cause you need a man

Rachel:
I need a man
who can keep me satisfied. (New Directions: Who can keep me satisfied)

Finn:
I better shape up
if I'm gonna prove

Rachel:
You better prove
that my faith is justified.

Finn:
Are you sure?

Rachel and Finn:
Yes, I'm sure down deep inside
You're the one that I want (New Directions: You are the one I want)
Ooo, oo, o
Honey!

Brittany stood up and dragged her ex-girlfriend, Santana to the center of the semi-circle that had been formed by the musical cast. They were singing and dancing happily, like they had never broken up in the first place. I grabbed onto Ryder's arm, shaking him to the beat of the music, and smiled at the couple in the centre.