10. The Wedding Day.

"Wakey, wakey, little miss bride." I say as I step into Peyton's room through the adjoining door from my room and Peyton just tosses a little in bed and continues sleeping.
It's not like I could blame her though, it had been a really stressful last week of planning, but thankfully we were able to plan everything perfect to the very last detail.
The day of the wedding had finally come.

And tomorrow, I'll be on my way back to L.A.

Subconsciously, I turn to stare at my room, remembering the card that Peyton's wedding planner had given me.

'You would be a great addition to our team.'
She had whispered while handing me the card, not knowing the kind of conflict she struck in my mind at that moment.

A job.
Here, at home.
Close to everyone I love.

I look away from the door and turn back to Peyton, my eyes briefly passing the beautiful wedding dress, and it I realise that today is my best friend's wedding day.

This wasn't a time to deliberate the offer, even though I only have a few hours to decide whether I'm going to take my flight back home tomorrow.......or not.

"Ava." Peyton's voice snap me out of my thoughts and I turn to see her sitting up in bed, her hair all over the place as she stares at me.

"It's my wedding day." She says and the two of us stare at each other for a while before we start giggling.

"Oh my God, it's my wedding day!!" She laughs, covering her face with her hands and I go to join her in bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask and she looks up at me.

"How am I feeling? I want to lock myself up in a closet and eat a whole chocolate cake!" She exclaims and I can't help but laugh.

"But?" I persuade my laughter dies down and she sighs.

"But I can't wait to get married to the love of my life." She says and I hold her hands.

"And that's what's going to happen. So you have to shower because the makeup artists and hair stylist will be here any minute. I'll go check on the bridesmaids in their room before I start getting ready." I say and get up but Peyton pulls me back down.

"Thank you, Ava. For everything." She says and pulls me into a hug. The warmth of the hug helps me relax and I admit something that I've been hiding from her for a whole week.

"I told Aaron that I love him."

She pulls away instantly, holding me by my shoulders.
"What?!"

"Yeah. And he told me he loves me too." I say and Peyton's eyes get wider if possible.

"When did this happen?!" She demands, her eyes filled with excitement and shock.

"Last week, after I got the flowers from Brenda. We went on a really romantic date and...I just couldn't deny it anymore." I admit shyly, remembering that magical moment in the tent.

"Wait a minute, last week? A date? Why are you just telling me this now?! I wouldn't have bothered you about staying in a hotel with me." Peyton says with remorse.

"That's exactly why I didn't tell you. This entire month and this trip is about your wedding. Nothing else." I say and Peyton sighs, pulling me closer.

"AJ, what about Aaron? What about you? Your flight is tomorrow and--"

"Peyton." I say, stopping her abruptly as I shake my head.

"Please. Let's not talk about it. Please, Pey." I beg and although I can see her eyes flooded with words unsaid, she nods anyway.

"Okay, fine. But can I just say one thing?" She begs and I sigh.