🍭 | Part Twenty Two: KAITO

I carry the bags inside Yui's house. She enters the house and smiles immediately. I'll miss her bright glow.

I walk slowly towards her and tug at her arm, "Let's sit over there."

We both sit at the couch. She smiles at me and begins, "I read it. I read the will."

I look at her worried.

"You should go. Follow the path your mom has wished you'd take." She says, keeping up the smile. Her eyes seem to water a little.

"Are you sure?" I ask her. I reach for her hand and hold it in mine.

"Yeah. I'll miss you though but yeah, what's four years? We'll just be older. This will change your life and even so, I know that I will be your constant amongst those years. We're just have a really big space between us when that happens. Even so, I'll be waiting for that gap to close. I'll always be waiting for you, Kai."

Her tears start to fall. I hug her and gently pat her head.

🍭

"Mr. Kaito, I believe you know what will happen. You will be in the US to study for four years. You will be able to fulfill your mother's wish and you will receive your inheritance. I hope this is clear to you." The guy in the suit says, firmly.

I nod just as about I step into the plane I turn back and see Yui. She's smiling and waving at me. In my hand, I held the poems she wrote for me and also, a letter which she said, I should read when I'm alone. I smile and wave back. I breathe out air and smile. I enter the plane with Yui's smile engraved in my mind