𝚘𝚗𝚎

Eleanora sighed and placed her phone down on the sun lounger beside her

Eleanora sighed and placed her phone down on the sun lounger beside her. She had just posted a new Instagram picture. Manager's instructions.

All her life, she had strived to be a model. She grew up buying Vogue magazines and admiring the stunning women who were covering the front page.

As a child, Eleanora had struggled with bullies almost her whole school career. She got braces when she was fourteen years old and kept them until her last year of school. She was ridiculed and called names such as, 'brace face' and because of her glasses that she didn't ditch until she was sixteen, she was called, 'four eyes'. It was stupid, teenage behaviour and Eleanora knew that she shouldn't have let it get to her at the time but she couldn't help it. She only had two friends at school and everyone else namecalled her for things that were out of her control.

Eleanora had her braces removed when she was seventeen and she felt like a completely new person when she looked in the mirror for the first time after her very last orthodontist appointment. Because of this, she decided to give herself a weekend makeover.

By Monday morning, nobody recognised Eleanora Rose. They all thought that she was a new student, maybe even an exchange student. The brunette girl had straightened her shiny, locks that reached the bottom of her back and was even wearing makeup. Her nose was pierced and her uniform was glammed up with some new accessories. Everyone wanted to be her friend but Eleanora said no. Her reasoning? She was too exclusive for them now.

The brunette girl's Instagram account grew fast and before she knew it, she had been signed to a modelling agency. It was a dream come true except, it wasn't because it was nothing like the dream that she had.

Eleanora was forced to eat five hundred calories less than her daily recommended in order to stay slim and was given a personal trainer. She was to train every evening for at least an hour. Her skin care routine was like a holy ritual and the number of products that she was supposed to use grew in size almost every week.

Photoshoots were stressful with middle aged men telling her how to pose and telling her how 'sexy' she looked. It made her uncomfortable, especially when she was asked to remove certain items of clothing.

Her manager, Rufus Caswell, was only in the industry for the money. He couldn't care less about how Eleanora was slowly spiralling out of control. She was her biggest critic.

Every morning, the brunette girl would stand in front of her mirror and pinch any of the fat that was on her hips or her lower stomach. She would inspect her skin closely in the mirror and try to resist the urge to pick at any spot that was on her face. Eleanora would even choose the food with the least amount of calories and still feel an enormous amount of guilt for eating it, afraid that it would make her put on weight.

The girl was entering a state of depression. She was tired, all the time. Maybe it was the five AM starts and the eleven PM finishes but she was exhausted. She always felt numb. It didn't matter if she had an interview for Cosmopolitan, she didn't deserve it.

To the rest of the world, she was Eleanora Rose: the heavenly, twenty-something model with a glamorous lifestyle. She had a mansion for a house, a pool, even a maid and got to travel the world without doing any 'proper' work.

What they didn't know was that it was all a front. Eleanora Rose had a mansion but having a house didn't mean that it was a home. She had a pool but she didn't know how to swim. She had a maid but Eleanora hated having her around, not because she wasn't nice enough but because she was paying someone to do something that she could do herself. She once had two dogs that she rarely got to see because she was travelling and she hated that. They deserved a better life than the one that she could provide for them which is why she made sure that they went to a family who could give them what they needed. Eleanora could travel the world but she barely got to see any of it or experience any of it because she was always hidden away by her security staff. Eleanora Rose couldn't wait until the day where she could just live a little.

The world was a nasty place. It wasn't as kind as it seemed. It was plagued with bad things, bad people and lies. So many people in the world only ever cared for themselves. They didn't care about ruining others if it meant getting what they wanted. It was cruel and unjust. Bad things happened to good people and good things happened to bad people.

Why should Eleanora Rose complain about her life? So many people envied what they couldn't have and when they finally had it, it wasn't enough for them. That was the boat that she was in and she hated it. There were millions of people who would kill to have just a little bit of what she had so what did she do? She put on a fake smile and got on with it.

eleanorarose: the best part of my job is getting to travel the world and see all the pretty sights 🌹

View comments

user1: Perfection

user2: omg

user3: I aspire to be her when I grow up

user4: I'd love to travel the world. Where is that?
user5: it looks like LA?

benchilwell: my mate james thinks you're fit madders
madders: ben!!
eleanorarose: heard that one before

user6: oh damn

user7: not to be rude but she sounds like a bitch
user8: pretty sure you would act the same way if you had random dudes only ever seeing you for the way that you look

user9: I love you. message me your address so that i can take you on a date ❤️

a/n: the very first chapter is up! i'm honestly so excited for you all to read it. i hope that you enjoy it as much as i do ❤️

do you guys like eleanora? i honestly love her. she might be my favourite yet!

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x