Ch.14

The picture is Amelia.

Karoline POV

I was sitting next to Amelia, whom I discovered wasn't a bad person. She was actually a lot like Zack. I could see why they were a couple.

"So, you're just fourteen?"

"Yeah. I know it's kinda weird with my mom being barely out of her teens."

"No, I think it's cool. This one in here will have a big sister."

"Really?"

"Yeah, that is what Zack wants. I am not going to take it away. Plus, you are a really cool person. And your moms? They are the best. I know, no matter what, this one will be taken care of."

"That's actually really sweet-," I was cut off by Demi calling me into the kitchen.

"Sorry, mother dearest is calling. Talk to you later?"

"Sure, I'll tell Zack to give you my number."

"Will do, see you later." She laughed and nodded. I walked into the kitchen.

"Dianna," I smiled. She dropped Maddie off earlier, but I didn't get a chance to say hi.

"Karoline, how have you been?"

"I have been great, how about you?"

"Well, that is why you were called in here." I looked at Demi, and she shrugged her shoulders.

"You know how Demi took you in?" she asked. I nodded. Where was she going with this?

"I took two kids in, Alyssa and Alex. They are both older, more your age. I am working on them being with us forever. But, for now, we are fostering. Don't tell them that, but that's what the plan is. Since we only have Maddie, it is quite lonely. We sat up the guest house and gave them the last two rooms. So, we are all good. They are coming with Eddie in a bit. Be nice."

"Are they white?"

"Mom."

"It's valid. If they aren't white, then I just want to know. I don't want to be surprised, okay?"

"They are Japanese and Latino."

"Okay, that's weird."

"Demi, shut your mouth. You are weird. If you treat them bad, I will hit you, okay? Got me? That goes for both of you."

"I'm not going to say anything," I laughed.

"Same," Demi said. She wrapped her arms around me.

"How ya doin', baby girl?"

"I am staying calm. I know most of the people. I'll be fine."

"If you need me, call me, okay? I have my phone on a special vibrating sequence for you, alright? I love you."

"I love you, too. I really want to meet my aunt and uncle. I mean, if I am going to have more than just Dallas and Mads."

"Yeah, I am going to sit and talk. When they get here, you come and get me, okay?"

"Okay, I will."

I walked over to where Bea was standing and grabbed her hand. She brought my hand to her mouth and kissed it. I smiled. She was talking to some people I didn't know. I looked down at my phone and there was three more hours of this, and then dinner. I was really dreading it. I didn't need to eat tonight. I didn't really need to. I had fat to get rid of, and no one would notice. It would just be one meal. That's all, one meal. Demi was on the floor with Nyah, Naya, Sky, and Sarah. They were playing with building blocks or something.