Meeting My Parents (short)

So...im about to meet my real parents.....okay. I was at Starbucks after making farther arrangements, like how to tell if we are ourselves by wearing certain clothes, saying certain phrases, etc. I think I spotted them. I called the number that had texted me and said, "Hey, I'm here, I think I see you, are you in the Orange t shirt and jeans?" "Yeah, I see you." A woman replied. The couple started walking towards me. The woman kinda looks like me. I thought to myself. No! She left you! You can't have anything to do with her, she basically betrayed any and all trust that I had for them when she gave me up. Just because her new boyfriend didn't like me, I WAS A FIVE YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL! I rolled my eyes and scowled as they came up to me smiling. "Bridget." I greeted her coldly. "Oh Alex, you're so beautiful." She said. She reached for my arm, but I pulled away swiftly. "What do you want?" I asked in a tone that mixed boredom and disgust. "I-well, we, want you back." She said sweetly. "Ha! Like that's ever happening. I have a dad, and a mom, they are the greatest parents ever, and they have the greatest friends ever." I said. "They obviously aren't fit to have a child, if you're here now, with us." Bridget spat. "Adam and Alesa are amazing parents! They have never abandoned me. They didn't put me up for adoption. They didn't bring me to an orphanage where they treated you like a damn maid!" I yelled. She looked shocked, and she was about to cry. "My job is done here, don't come anywhere near me ever again, or I swear to god I'll get a restraining order or you. Just test me." I spat, and walked off. Once I had gotten back home I was tired, yelling at your ex-parents is exhausting. I couldn't sleep, and I had this song stuck in my head. So I decided to sing.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. They strung up a man, they say who murdered three. Strange things did happened here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight, in the hanging tree." I sang.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. Where the dead man called out, for his love to flee. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight, in the hanging tree." I continued, singing quietly.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight, in the hanging tree." I sang louder, but still extremely soft.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight, In the hanging tree." I continued, getting louder.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight, in the hanging tree." I still sang, I didn't even realize I was still singing, because I was still singing kinda quiet, but I was starting to add excitement.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. Where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three. Strange things have happened here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight, in the hanging tree." I sang, adding excitement into the lyrics.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree. Where the dead man called out, for his love to flee. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight, in the hanging tree." I finished.

"And that, was Alex. Singing 'The Hanging Tree, from The Mockingjay Part 1! Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe, and I'll see you later recruits. GOODBAIII!!" Adam said into a camera with the door cracked open. I got hot, and my eyes turned a mix of pink and sky blue. "ADAM!!" I whined embarrassed. "I DONT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE HEAR ME SING!!" I whined. "Well, too bad!!" He said triumphantly, earning a shot in the face from the nerf gun I keep under my pillow. I chased him down the stairs, when the doorbell rang. "ILL GET IT MOM!!" I yelled in Adams face, earning a playful punch in the arm. I opened the door and said, "Yea-" I saw who it was. "Um.......ADAM!!" I yelled for him. "Hey, who are they?" He asked, pointing at Bridget and 'boyfriend', that's his new name now. "My 'mom' and her mysterious boyfriend." I told him, putting quotations around 'mom'. "Oh, I can fix this." He said, and slammed the door. "Thanks." I said. "Um...sure." He said. Just then Mari came into the room. "Hey guys!" She said cheerily. "Hey Mari." I said dully. This is gonna take a while to forget...
(A/N: last chap next chapter!!)