chapter 6 - party time

~stan's pov~

*at ben's house before bev's party*

"Does this look good Ben?" I asked as I tried on outfits for the party with Ben and Eddie.

"Oh it's gonna be cold so wear a sweatshirt." Ben said while looking at his phone.

I decided to wear black jeans, a white hoodie with a black t-shirt over the hoodie. Eddie and Ben got ready too. Ben wore blue jeans with some rips in the knee and a red shirt. Eddie wore something a little different than his usual. He wore a black sweatshirt over a striped collared shirt. He lifted the collar out so it was visible through the sweatshirt. And he paired that with blue jeans. After we got ready we went to Bev's house.

We got there at about 8:15.

"Oh hey! Welcome." Bev said as she opened the door.

When we walked in there were about 20 people. There was a table with snacks and some sort of drink.

Ben and Bev went over to talk somewhere and me and Eddie went into the room next door. We saw Bill, Richie and Mike all talking.

"Oh hi. Eddie right?" Richie said as he waved to Eddie.

Eddie nodded and sat next to him. I sat down next to Mike.

Richie and Eddie were talking about whatever.

"So Stan...what's new?" Mike asked trying to start a conversation.

"Nothing much. Same old same boring life and watching Beverly and Ben gush over each other." I muttered.

Mike laughed.

"You're pretty funny Stan. You should hang out with us more often." Mike said smiling.

I liked Mike. He seemed cool.

I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I guess I will!" I replied.

Bill rolled his eyes but he didn't argue.

Well maybe it's time me and Bill start getting along.

"Hey fuckers! Come here we're playing spin the bottle." Bev yelled probably drunk.

We all sat in a circle in Bev's living room. There was me,Eddie,Ben,Bev,Richie,Bill,Mike, Will,Max,Jane,Lucas, all kids from my english class,and a girl named Bailey.

"Eddie spin first." Bev said while passing him and empty soda bottle.

Eddie grabbed the bottle nervously and gave it a spin. It spun for about 9 seconds then landed on...Richie.

A handful of 'ooooohs' erupted from the circle. Eddie moved his way to Richie and they both stood up to make it easier. He quickly placed his lips on Richie's. It was a short and sweet kiss.

At first they both stood stiffly then they relaxed a bit. It lasted about 3 seconds before they both pulled away blushing furiously.

Next it was Richie's turn he spun and landed on Jane. They had a short peck and then it was Jane's turn. They went on like this for a couple rounds till Bailey landed on Bill. She placed her lips on Bill's and they kissed for a good 10 seconds. I didn't know why but I hated the sight of this. I didn't mind it when everyone else kissed but when it came to Bill and Bailey....my stomach was churning. I didn't know why. I don't have a crush on Bailey right? Maybe I was just drunk. They both pulled away. They both didn't mind. They just looked normal. But I was glad they were done.

That's weird why am I glad they pulled away? Do I like Bailey?

It was Bill's turn now. He gave the bottle a good spin. It spun and spun and landed on...

Max.

I have no idea why I was sad it landed on her. Do I like Max? Hold up. What the fuck is happening?

~~~~~~~
a/n stan is so dumb👹

started 05/21/20

finished 05/24/20

here's to the nights that turned into morning

and the friends who turned to family

x unknown