Chapter Fourteen

Lara's Point of View

I had had hopes when my exchange program told me that they had to cut funding and turn it into a short term program that they would receive money from one of their patrons and I could stay in Korea as planned. 

But, that had not happened and I was officially four weeks from when they would stop paying for the student housing. 

For Jungkook's sake, I would try just about anything to stay, but my parents had made such a big deal about me getting a degree I knew I couldn't let them down. Especially considering I would be coming back to Seoul as soon as I finished my degree in the States. 

The time had come where I had to tell him that I was leaving in four weeks, but I knew what was going to happen. His smile would fade. The sparkle that appears in his eyes as soon as he sees me would leave. He wouldn't understand at first, but would eventually come to terms with it. 

In the end we would try dating long distance, but it would fail.

Because long distance never works. 

I sighed and pulled my jacket further around me, and walked toward the park where I was meeting Jungkook. I realize we've only been dating for a little while, but we've spent a lot of time together and I have come to the place where I think I might be falling in love with him.

No.

I am in love with him. 

I'm in love with the way he smiles when he thinks he's going to beat me at video games, only to bunny scrunch his nose when he loses. The head tilts and small smiles that play on his lips when I slip into English during one of our many hangouts that are unofficial dates. The smirks when he thinks he's shocked me into silence with something he has said before I say that I was merely waiting for him to act on it. His voice. The bunny-ish side of him, the childish side, the evil teasing side, the sexy side, I'm in love with every single side and version.

And I'm going to have to leave him behind to go half a world away. 

All too soon I arrived at the park and saw he was already waiting on me. He smiled and waved. I tried to smile and wave in return. After I got close enough he took no time in wrapping me in a hug that I automatically responded to. He placed a kiss on the top of my hair. 

"Hi." His voice had that raspy undertone to it today, as if his body couldn't help but let the sexy side out a little. Like it was overloaded with sexy and it had to let it out somewhere. 

I stayed in his embrace, "Hey bunny boy." My words were slightly muffled due to the fact my cheek was pressed against his chest. Which by the way, was so solid one could actually think it was a wall. 

He tried to pull back from the hug, but I had grabbed a hold of his jacket and was keeping him there in a iron grip. He stopped and tightened his arms around me. "Is something wrong baby?" 

Okay, I realize that I'm not breaking up with him, but him saying that is about to send me into tears.

"Nope, I'm just a little cold and you're nice and warm." I pulled back enough to look up at him. "Really." I tried to smile again.

"If you're cold then why didn't we just meet at my dorm? Taehyung spends most of his time at Ji Woo's anyway, so he probably wouldn't even be there." The concern in his eyes was real.

I shook my head. "No, I'm not that cold, besides I like the fresh air." An actual smile grew on my face as I pulled out of the hug. "You're just being an overprotective bunny. Any little thing and you nag me to death to make sure I'm okay." I tugged on his hands. "It's actually really cute."

His smile faded. "You're right... I do..." His expression changed to a serious one as he lead me to a park bench and pulled me down beside him. I haven't even told him about America and already he has that stressed bunny look on. What is he stressed about?

"I know something is bothering you Lara. Somethings been bothering you. Don't think I don't notice you looking at me all the time as if you're afraid that I'm going to disappear right before your eyes. Tell me." His eyes bore into mine, the chocolate orbs stare strong enough to make me want to faint. Holding eye contact with a seriously worried and stressed yet still loving bunny was hard to do without fainting.

I chuckled, "I don't do that." 

"It's true. It freaks me out, its also like when you leave my place you're kinda memorizing my face, like you think you're never going to see me again." 

I don't think I can do this today, here. I'm not ready yet. "It's nothing." 

He shook his head defiantly. "No, it's definitely not nothing. I thought a while ago when it first started that it would blow over and that you were probably just missing your family, but then it kept going and now we're here. So tell me." A pause, and smirk. "Or am I going to have to force it out of you?" 

I smiled, "How are you going to that exactly in public, Oppa?" My comment earned me another smirk that stayed on his face.

"The same way I would do it in private." 

"And what method would you be using, Oppa?" I propped my chin in my hand. He didn't say anything, but began his tickle attack. I laughed until my eyes had no more water to give, and I was crunched over my stomach the only reason I wasn't on the ground being the fact that Jungkook was only using one hand on the attack and the other arm was helping to keep me stable and on the bench.

"F-f-f-fine. Please. J-just s-stop tickling me." His evil bunny laugh was let loose when he saw just how disheveled I was. 

I waited until he was done laughing. I reached over and took hold of his hands. He chuckled again. "You don't have to hold my hands, I won't tickle you. Promise." 

"I believe you." But I still didn't let go. His first sign that it was serious. We stared at each other for a moment, the second serious sign being that I couldn't bring myself to say it yet. Then I opened my mouth and said words I really never wanted to say.

"Kookie... I'm going back to America next month and I won't be back for a year."