Chapter Ten

Hoseok's Point of View

I was sitting in the middle of my couch flipping through the channels when I heard the front door shut. The only people that have keys are the guys, but they didn't say they were coming over, and they always texted ahead of time, but at the same time the only person who knows where the spare key is is...

Lee-Min. 

I sat up and leaned over and put the remote on the end table, then I turned back, about to stand up when she appeared in front of me. Shocked, I stayed suspended in mid air. She lightly pushed on my chest with the palm of her hand. I sat back down wordlessly. She then preceded to put her legs on either side of mine, basically straddling me at this point. She ran her hand through my hair, and then kissed me on my lips. My eyes slid shut out of habit despite the thoughts quickly flowing through my head.

Why is Lee-Min here? Why is she just kissing me and not saying anything? Why hasn't she responded to any of my texts only to do this? Why, why, why?

I tried to say her name, but as soon as I opened my mouth, she slipped her tongue in. 

Well, if that was a distraction tactic then it worked flawlessly. 

I briefly thought about moving my tongue and battling hers for dominance... but ,oh, this was just too hot to interfere with.

And let's be real, why would I?

I decided to wait until she pulled back to question her. Eventually she would run out of air... right?? 

It took longer than I would have thought it would, but she did pull back. "Nice greeting, but why haven't you texted me back for the last two weeks? I was beginning to think you'd died or something."

She shook her head no. "I don't want to talk about it." She grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled it off. 

"Well, I do." 

Her eyes met mine, they were a darker shade than normal, so she was either mad or really into the moment. "No, I really don't think you do." 

"I do." 

Another shake of her head. She kissed me again. This time I was slightly more alert. I pulled back, and pretended to be going with it by kissing her chin and jawline. I went back to kissing her on her mouth while I arranged exactly what questions I would ask once my plan was complete. She smiled when I moved to a laying down position on the couch, pulling her down on top of me, making my plan almost complete. I waited a little before inverting our position. 

That's when she touched my abs and every single thought flew out the window. Maybe I didn't think this completely through... 

Dang it... Why... did she have to do that

It took a LOT of self restraint, but I did get my self to where I was standing. 

Her sigh was loud and clearly frustrated. "Why Hoseok? Why do we have to talk about it?"

"Because you avoided me for two weeks and I want to know why." 

She stood up so fast I started a bit. "Fine, you want to talk? Then let's talk." 

I gulped. "Okay, so clearly you're mad..." 

"Clearly I'm mad? Well, yeah, Hoseok I'm mad. I finally convinced myself to forgive and forget and now you want me to talk about it. So let's talk." Her hands were on her hips in a defiant stance. 

"Forgive and forget what?" Surely she wasn't still going on about her sister. She must know by now that that was an accident.

The glare she was giving me literally could kill. "Stop. Playing. STUPID."

"Believe me, if I could I would, but I don't know why you're so mad." 

"I saw you the other day... Did you not see me? Oh wait, I guess you wouldn't have since you were too busy on a date with some idiot."

"Wait, what?" 

"Oh, yeah, I saw the whole thing... You guys drinking your coffee... You doing that casual-not-so-causal accidental hand touch thing... Everything."

At my shocked silence she continued yelling at me. "Does she know you're dating someone else? Or was she just a hopeful one night stand?" She spat the word "hopeful" like it was poison. "Did you not think I would find out or something?" 

A long silence passed before I saw her raise her hand, probably to slap me into responding, so I grabbed her wrist. "Lee-Min, what you saw was me having coffee with my, six month pregnant, married, best friend from high school. And that hand touch thing, I trying to comfort her because she's worried her, husband, won't get back from his military service before the baby is born. But I guess you didn't see the baby bump because of the table." 

She looked shocked. "I..."

"Do you need me to prove it? I can call her, she would be more than happy to help clear this misunderstanding."

"No... you don't have to do that..."

I tilted my head. "What really hurts is that you think I would do that to you..." 

"Well... c-can you really blame me? I mean, is not like you've told me you l-like me."

"We both know that's not true... Somewhere into the two weeks that you weren't speaking to me, I realized that you were still awake when I said..." I trailed off. I cleared my throat and continued, "I thought that I had scared you off. That I had said it too soon and you were trying to let me down gently. That you didn't feel the same way..."

"Do you not know me at all? You really thought I could do something that terrible to you?"

Tears appeared in the corners of her eyes. "I'm so so sorry. It's just... I thought you were just using me... Which doesn't make any sense because of what you said..." I could see her start sobbing. "Why did I ever think that you would do something like that..." She covered her face in her hands. 

"You should go..." I rasped out.

I didn't look at her... I heard the front door open and close... 

And deafening silence took over.