Chapter - 8

Annabeth POV

Her nightmare had started. She was in Tartarus, and the Arai were attacking Percy. She tried to reach him, but he was always far away. Did he not want her there? Did he not like her?

"Percy!!!!" She screamed. No answer. Now she couldn't see.

"Percy!! Where are you??" She screamed, tears streaming down her face. He abandoned her. She was there for him, but he abandoned her.

Someone was shaking her, and hugging her. Percy!! He was there for her!!

"Annabeth, Wise Girl, it's a Nightmare, wake up, you are at the Institute, not there. I'm here for you, I'll always be there for you, wake up"

She shook herself out of the nightmare and woke up immediately. Percy was next to her, gently hugging her shoulders. She hugged back, and cried into his shirt. Gods, Bob, Damasen... Why?

"Shhhh... You're ok" Percy whispered soothingly. She clung to him, and wept the remaining tears, not caring in the world about what others saw.

Christina POV

Christina woke up to a screaming Annabeth. All the other demigods were around her and Percy. She noticed the other Shadowhunters waking up. Emma walked towards her, concern for Annabeth etched on her face.

"Do you think this happens all the time?" She asked.

"I think so, The way the other demigods are acting, it looks like it happens everyday"

"But I need my sleep!!!"

"Shush Emma!!! The poor girl must have gone through so much!!!"

Emma nodded, still looking concerned. The screaming stopped. Christina turned and noticed Annabeth crying against Percy's shoulder. What had they gone through?

She thought it was time to tell each party what they had been through, before training.

She walked over to Jace and Alec.

"Jace... Alec... The only way by which we can trust each other is by revealing what happened to us and our past"

Jace looked mortified by the idea, whereas Alec looked thoughtful.

"Christina, What if they know about...?" Oh.. The fact that Clary summoned Raziel and got Jace back from the dead.

"They would have faced something similar Jace. And you know that to defeat this 'unknown power' we need to trust each other. Might as well get things cleared up in the beginning rather than hate each other for hiding the truth"

Jace and Alec nodded. Good, they understood that it was necessary. They approached Julian and Mark, and had a long discussion.

"Is.. Something wrong?" Hazel asked.

Christina jumped a little. Despite her shadowhunter hearing, these kids were pretty silent.

"Umm.. Not exactly. I was actually thinking that we might have to reveal what happened in our lives for us to trust each other completely"

Hazel looked stunned. She thought about it for a while, and then nodded.

"I'll speak to the others about it"

Christina nodded, looking relieved. She knew this was the first step, other than training to defeat the power, and Hazel understood that, and she was glad.

Hazel had gathered everyone, including Percy and Annabeth, who had stopped crying, and they were having a discussion.

Christina could make out that most of the demigods didn't want to tell the Shadowhunters everything, but it looked like Thalia, Reyna, Piper and Annabeth were convincing all the boys.