Chapter - 12

Jace was extremely nervous. After a short drive to the Empire State Building, Percy and Jason took the lead, leading the Shadowhunters into the building.

"600th floor" Percy said, leaning across the counter, to face a guy who's face was buried in a newspaper.

"Kid there is no such floor. Scram" He said, without looking up.

The shadowhunters were baffled. Alec was concerned, and Jace was just too nervous to process anything. He was a rule bender, but for some reason, he had no interest in being burnt to a crisp.

"Listen dude... We're here for an extremely important business, and I have no patience for whatever you're saying. So unless you want to take a trip to the sea, you will give us the card" Percy said, his voice low and threatening, but his eyes dancing with amusement.

The man flinched, and hurriedly nodded, handing over the card. Piper looked relieved that she didn't have to use Charmspeak. Once they walked away, Clary spoke.

"Uhh... Is he always like this?" She asked no one in particular.

"Yeah he is... This time it was easier. Last time Piper had to charmspeak him 3 times for him to hand over the card" Annabeth said.

The shadowhunters winced, having already faced and witnessed the power of Charmspeak.

They led the shadowhunters inside, and Percy and Annabeth stiffened at the site of the elevator.

"You scared of elevators?" Jace said, smirking.

"Yes.... " Percy admitted, starting to shake a little.

Jason and Piper immediately walked forward, trying to calm the pair down.

Jace and Alec stared, not really knowing what to do.

"Umm... Why?" Clary asked hesitantly.

Hazel thought for a while, and then spoke.

"Percy and Annabeth fell to Tartarus, and they risked so much to come out of Tartarus, on an elevator. The Doors of Death were connected by an elevator, which they had to take"

The shadow hunters shivered, and nodded.

"Let the shadowhunters go with Percy and Annabeth, we'll join after that"

Once the elevator started up, Magnus winced.

"What the hell is this song? It's annoying!!" He whined.

Percy and Annabeth winced.

"Umm... Just don't say the 'H' word around us... It brings back visions." He said.

Magnus tried to change the music but failed to. Annabeth chuckled lightly.

"Apollo's music. No magic other than a God's can change the song."

The elevators opened, and the troop walked up to the throne room. They could clearly hear bickering.

Percy sighed. Clary looked confused.

"Umm... What's going on?"

"They're fighting. I almost think they don't have another job other than bickering"

Jace opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a loud voice booming from the throne room

"WHO DARES DISTURB THE GODS!!!??"

The shadowhunters winced.

"Uhh.... Does this always happen?" Alec asked.

"Nope. Zeus is in a good mood" Percy said nonchalantly.

They stared at him.

"What? Usually he would invite us in by almost blasting us to dust with his master bolt"

"Ahuh" Clary said, becoming pale.

They walked inside, and the shadowhunters gaped at the sight in wonder. Including Magnus.

"SHADOWHUNTERS!!!!! WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE AMONG THE OLYMPIAN GODS??!!!!" Zeus thundered.

They winced again, and Percy rolled his eyes.

"Tone it down Uncle Z. You're gonna blast their ears away at this rate"

Alec and Clary stared at Percy in horror. Probably wondering how he hasn't been blasted yet. Annabeth merely shrugged.

At that moment, Jace's stomach grumbled.

Athena groaned, and buried her head in her hands, muttering about incompetent mortals.

"I'm hungry!!! We didn't even eat!!!" Jace protested.

Apollo and Hermes rolled on the ground, laughing hard. Poseidon and Zeus chuckled.

"My son, what brings you here?" Poseidon asked, directing his attention to Percy.

"Oh yeah forgot. We have a prophecy, and... Yes Uncle I KNOW gods aren't supposed to interfere!! Don't stare at me like that!!" Percy whined at Hades, who was glaring at him.

"I think it is best if the consul of the Nephilim speak..Is it not father?" Artemis spoke coldly, staring at the male shadow hunters and Magnus.

Zeus nodded. "Alexander Gideon Lightwood, step forward and speak"

Alec gulped, and Magnus sent a reassuring smile. He took a deep breath, and walked forward, repeating what he explained to Hestia to all the Gods. Once he was done, Hades stood up.

"There is only one thing that matches the prophecy. Demigods and shadow hunters, you will be facing your opponents together."

"Which is....?" Jace asked.

"Hush Child. You will be facing the Prince Of Hell. And the Queen of Hell"

The shadow hunters paled considerably. Clary started shaking, and Jace hugged her protectively, whispering soothing words.

"And.....Tartarus" Percy and Annabeth paled, and their breaths came out in short, ragged gasps.

Sorry that the chapter is so short. I have exams coming up, which is why I haven't been updating in a while. Thank you all for reading my book! And I hope you understand why I am unable to post new chapters.