Fateful Encounter

Barbara's POV

I stood at my bar, downing whiskey while thinking of Tabitha.

"Barbara" my eyes widened at the sound of Jim's voice. I turned around, facing him. "This place is busy, despite things."

"What's that? It's a big fat prize Jim, beggin to be taken" I said amused.

"So what brings you crawling out into the open tonight?" I asked bitterly. "Come to join the party? One last hurrah before someone wastes you?"

"I'm here to ask a favour" he said making me laugh.

"Favour? Right. Is this after you stood by and did nothing while my best friend on this earth was stabbed through the heart" I asked bitterly.

"I put him down" Jim replied.

"You restored his limp. He should be dead!" I snapped, stepping closer.

"EVERYBODY OUT!" I roared, confusing them. "NOW!"

"I SAID MOVE!" Everyone fled out the door, emptying the room.

"Planning revenge?" He asked.

"Well someone has to do something about that freak" I snapped.

"He has an army, it would be suicide" Jim replied making me scoff.

"Look around Jim, we're all slowly dying. Just some of us get to choose how" I responded.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Tabitha. Things got out of control. I'm just trying to keep this city from falling apart" he said.

"Your too late" I simply replied, walking back to the bar and pouring a glass of bourbon. "So this favour?"

"I need transportation, trucks maybe" he informed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"It's a police matter" he replied making me scoff.

"You know they should really write that on your tombstone" I sassed amused.

"Their downstairs in the basement lot, knock yourself out" I added annoyed. "Drive right into this nightmare you created, you won't last the night"

"Here he comes Gotham! Your judge, your jailer, your most hated son! Have at him! Rip him to shreds!" I yelled furiously to Jim as he walked off.

"No one deserves to die more then he" I said softly, tears welling in my eyes.

Timeskip

(Y/n)'s POV

"Who needs my help?" I asked curiously.

"Me" she replied.

"With?" I asked.

"Show Jim who he's messing with" she said with a smirk in her tone.

"Well why didn't you just start with that" I replied amused and she laughed.

"I'll be there in five minutes, be ready" she said.

"See you soon" I smirked, hanging up the phone and going to change.