Chapter- 6

We were on a top of a mountain. Covered with snow, it looked like a pure white bliss. The color of sky blended perfectly with the snow, resulting in a heaven- like scenery. I almost quit the original plan and thought of just laying there. But the excited look I saw on the face of my partner motivated me to do the undeniable. We were ready, skis on our feet, our head high and heart racing. He looked at me and I looked at him. Without meaning to, without realizing, I smiled and he raised three of his fingers. As before, my heart raised with unimaginable speed with every finger he counted down. Finally he nodded and we were off. 

The experience was surreal. When it's finally time for God to come take me to heaven, or hell, I would want to run away from him like this. With nothing stopping me, and literally nothing in my way. I wanted to run with my heart racing because I knew I was out of my comfort zone and way out of what I was allowed to do. With no fear of who's coming behind, even if it's death. I just had this wish, when I finally die, I should have lived my life in a way that makes me wanna live more.

We raced down the snow. For a moment I even forgot I had him with me. I turned my head and saw him following behind. Just by seeing his face, I knew he was having the time of his life,just like I was. We reached down the mountain, and by impulse fell down in the snow. He joined me shortly after and we laid on the snow together. It seemed that my heart took hours to finally calm down.  And when it did, I turned to him. He was already looking my way. We smiled and laid there, for what seemed like eternity. 

It felt like this had become our thing. Doing something I would never do alone, he would raise his fingers and just like that we would do it. No second thoughts, no ruining it. Just living what was in front of us.