Chapter -8

Half an hour later, we were standing at the most height I've ever been. We did find a common deal, and ended up being tied by a rope and standing in front of death. We decided on bunjee jumping.

So there we were, standing side by side, while it was just death ahead of us. I regretted it. Although I wished I regretted for saying yes, I regretted more because it was my idea. And that is why ladies and gentlemen, you let other make decisions, so you can blame them properly.

With harness embracing us, we were standing side by side on a really high mountain. I dared not look what lay below. It was hard enough to take the adjacent sights in view.

"Tell me we're going to be alive." I said to him with a quivering voice. I'm not sure if I stammered but I won't be surprised if I did. He held my hand, our eyes locked.
"If we weren't, would you stop?" He asked, his voice firm. In that moment, again, everything around faded and what remained was me and death. And I wanted to feel the thrill again. I wanted to touch it merely and jump back up. I wanted to make a fool of death and keep living. 

A typical woman who would never think of robbery, gets in the middle of chaos and has to rob to keep living. She swore she'd never do it again and with no experience at all she manages to make a fool out of every security system and run out to safety. The woman didn't care about the robbery she had made after that, what gave her an immense feeling of pleasure was the fact that she wasn't caught. And then, the feeling of supremacy made her addicted. She wanted to feel superior than everyone else and so she became a thief. 

That's the thought I had then, maybe I was getting addicted too. What if the addiction is only to defeat death and not live life. What if like the woman I knew what I was doing was wrong and I still kept doing it just to fuel the thirst? I had no idea.

If anyone wonders, the above woman is Tracy from "If tomorrow comes".

I took in the surroundings again. I closed my eyes and together we jumped off from a height for the second time that day. 

The now very familiar adrenaline rush was back, stronger than ever. I opened my eyes as soon as we jumped out of fright, I didn't try to close them again. My throat ached,and I didn't realize I was shouting until then.

The next few minutes were what God would offer in heaven to people with a VIP pass in goodness. As I closed in the distance and reached closer to the ground, I felt my initial fear go far from myself and I held a new confidence in me. I didn't even get enough time to look at how he was doing. I swung back and forth for a whole of five minutes, well, that's what I thought. I trusted my decision then. I trusted myself more.

I was pulled down into a boat when we finally reached down. I was still fuzzy and my head hurt. But when I finally got off the boat, I couldn't find a single reason why I shouldn't have done that. Apart from being one of the best experiences of my life, it made me feel what I always wanted to, it made me feel free.

I don't know when but he came shortly after me and I saw him at a distance. For me he was the most important person of my life then, who made me someone I knew I was and too afraid to accept. He saw me too and I couldn't help but scream at the top of my lungs. He screamed too and ran towards me. I did the same. He came and hugged me and I could feel he felt the same delight. I didn't know if I did the right thing, but if not, I sure would have regretted doing the right thing. I lived today, and then excelled every rightness of the world.

 Whether it's standing on a distant land

Where sand is the only thing eyes scan

Or if it's in the middle of the ocean

The waves threatening to draw themselves closer

It could be in the middle of a huge forest

Not just life but damage for self.

Standing at the top of the building 

Or in a crowd full of beings

I'd want to have that one perfect sunset

Where you and I are the only ones

Who would witness the sun's love

The surroundings will blur

Anything else dull

The only way it'd be perfect 

To have it anyway and loved.