Chapter 16: Bad news

(y/n's POV)

Winter break is now over and we had the best time ever! Sadly Alvaro had to go back to Florida and we miss him everyday but we will see him at Playlist Live in a couple of days. We did throw him a birthday party on January 24th a few days before he left. The next birthday is Kairi's on February 8th. It is currently 12pm on January 30th a Saturday. 

We were gonna plan something but my parents want to do a family day today and Mattia has to go to his brother, Gianluca's soccer tourney for the weekend. So the rest of the group might do something. Mattia should be back by evening tomorrow so we can have a sleepover then. 

Bailey: you ready to go?

We planned to go out for lunch.

y/n: yeah let's go 

this is what I wore

this is what I wore. My parents were downstairs waiting for us. We got in the car and got to the place. We got seated in a booth. Bailey and I sat next to each other while Vanessa and my dad sat next to each other on the opposite side.

Vanessa: so we have some news

Bailey: don't tell me you're going on another month long trip

y/d: it wasn't a vacation or a trip it was for work

Bailey: yeah were did you go?

y/d: Grecce

Bailey: for work?

Vanessa: Bailey do you think we went there for fun and left you two here for Christmas on purpose?

Bailey: Yes! that's exactly what I think

She said shouting a little.

y/n: Bailey, it's okay just let them talk

Bailey: No, they do this every year at the same time!

y/d: Y/N'S MOM WANT'S HER BACK!

The whole restaurant went silent. I was in shock. Everybody focused there attention back to their food.

y/n: I-

Vanessa: she lives in Chicago and she wants you back and if you don't go we will have to go to court

Bailey: What? She can't do that y/n was here and her mom didn't want her then so why now? In 16 years why now?

y/d: we understand how you feel Bailey but it's y/n's choice

y/n: I- I think I need some time. When does she want me home by?

y/d: anytime as long as you are home

y/n: can I have the rest of the weekend then

Vanessa: of course anything you need

y/n: thank you

We sat in silence until we got our food. Eventually, a conversation came up and I tried to act happy and forget everything but I couldn't. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about my mom. I was thinking about Alejandro. Not just Alejandro but Mattia, Kairi, Robert, Roshaun, and Bailey. I mean if Alvaro stays in Florida it can't be so hard in Illinois. Can it?