Epilogue

November 12th, 2022

"The war is officially over in the Special Region. The Russians have surrendered their last major strong point," the news reporter smiled, "The world can now relax as officials are deciding the terms of the end of the war."

Everyone was placed on leave as the war was winding down. The world war took 15,000 American servicemen and women along with a billion dollars worth of lost equipment. The Japanese fared worse with a total of 25,000 lost lives and with their vehicle count reduced to 50 percent.

"We have news of the next medal of honor recipient. Specialist Garret Mills," the reporter continued.

1600 Pensylvania Avenue, Washington DC

"The courageous self-sacrifice of Garret Mills of being the rearguard of his squad under fire. We unfortunately have not been able to recover his body. For his self-sacrifice, the president wishes to honor his sacrifice by bestowing him with the medal of honor," the press secretary addressed.

In the crowd, all of the American members of the Force Recon 12 watched as the President of the USA held the medal of honor in their hands.

"The metal will be given to the next of kin, Elisa Mills," the press secretary stated.

A blonde woman in a white dress stood near the podium. The president faced towards her and handed her a picture frame containing a picture of Garret, the medal, and the official commendation. Elisa took the frame and thanked the president.

Special Region

A senator walked along a metal catwalk above a large building. Inside, industrial equipment are churning out products faster than any craftsman. The equipment was from the outside world as well their teachings. Steam power became the new norm around the world. The Imperial Kingdom has finally established it's control over the region. However, slavery still was a problem. The American diplomats stationed at Italica showed that the region should abolish the cruel practice. It was considered but wasn't followed through.

On the cliffs in a different contintent, a pro-war senator stood looking over a factory that held something more powerful than the easily weapons of the other side.

"Soon," he thought as the production of weapons churned,

"We will take back what once was ours."