CHAPTER 4

I woke up early next morning, because I barely slept. I wanted to thank Charlie for the gift. I got ready, reached the bus stop and waited. When the bus came, I boarded it. Next stop was Charlie's. I really didn't know how to thank him for the gift. When Charlie's stop came, he came and sat next to me. Then he asked, "Did you like the gift?"

"Liked it? I loved it! Getting the wands was my dream!"

"Good. Now listen. I told my parents about how I could not come to your house on your birthday. So we decided that we'll do something for you! Come to my house, with uncle and aunt, at 7, okay? Dinner at my house."

"C'mon Charlie, I don't need this..." I said.

"I know you don't, but I do." He said.

Charlie was a really nice guy. He was really popular at school too. He was rich, so rich that his parents used to give annual donations to our school. Ashley was rich too, but unlike Charlie, she liked to rub it in at everyone's faces.

We were sitting in our class, and talking about our favorite stuff. But then, the football team's coach came in and said, "Charlie McLaggen, Morgan Ross, Fred Hamerold and the rest of the team, follow me!"

Charlie and the others left.

"Jenny, look here!" Ashley said. I turned towards her. She was holding a blank paper.
"These are my feelings for you." She said.

"This proves that you don't have any feelings for me... Which I already know. You know, if you give me that paper, I can show my feelings for you."

"Here!" Ashley said, 'smartly'.

I knew she thought that with this move, she would get even with me for insulting her in the bus yesterday.

I took the paper, crushed it into my hands and tossed it into the class dustbin. Then I looked at Ashley, she was flushed.

"This proves that... You... Feelings!" She wanted to insult me, but she couldn't.
"Yeah, you got nothing!" I said.

Just then, Charlie and the footballers came back to the class. All of them came with a certificate, but Morgan came with a certificate and a trophy, and Charlie came with two certificates and one trophy.

When he came to our seat, I congratulated him and told him about how I roasted Ashley, yet again. He started laughing and Ashley turned around. "What happened, Charlie? Did the 'joker' tell you a joke?" She said.

"No!" Charlie said, while still laughing, "Jenny just told me a joke about you, the 'joker'."
I could clearly see Ashley's friends were trying hard not to laugh.
                                      *

The school was over. I got on the bus with Charlie. We didn't talk much in the bus. We were busy reading articles on Pottermore.

When Charlie's stop came, he reminded me to come to his house for dinner before getting off.

When I reached home, I told my parents about dinner at Charlie's.

"We already know," mom said, "Mrs. McLaggen already told us."

"Oh, okay."
"She also told you to bring the gift Charlie gave you. She said that he was  so excited to give it, that he forgot to tell his parents that he had already bought a gift for you. Now when she asks what it is, he says that tell Jenny to show it to you."

Yeah, I thought, only Charlie can say weird things like that.

"Fine." I said.

_______________________________________

Charlie's and Jenny's Pottermore accounts:

Jenny: Wand- Alder Wood, Unicorn                 
             Hair Core
             Patronus- Sphynx Cat
             House- Ravenclaw
             Ilvermorny House- Pukwudgie

Charlie: Wand- Alder Wood,
               Thestral Hair Core
               Patronus- Stoat
               House- Hufflepuff
               Ilvermorny House- Horned
               Serpent
_______________________________________

Here ends another part. Stay tuned for the next one... Thanks for reading!!