Chapter 6

After lunch, Lucas led Ella upstairs to the offices. "Here we are," he pointed to a specific one before knocking on the door.

"Come in," Benjamin's familiar voice responded.

Lucas opened the door.

Benjamin smiled, "Lucas, what you doing up here?"

Lucas bit his lip, "showing Ella around, Caroline told me to make sure she knew where to find you."

Ella peeked out from behind him and waved. Moving her eyes down to the ground when Benjamin looked at her.

"Oh," he seemed disappointed before smiling, "good job Lucas. It's good to see you're getting around Ella, have you met your teachers yet?"

"Next on the list," Lucas informed.

Benjamin nodded, "well, know that I'm here for you Ella, for whatever whenever."

Ella nodded, "thank you Sir."

"Oh, call me Benjamin, no need for formalities."

"Okay, Benjamin."

Lucas led the way two floors down. There, the classrooms were small with only enough room for two or three students at a time. Lucas located the room that had Irys' name on it and knocked.

"Come in."

"Hello Miss Irys."

"Lucas," she got up and hugged him, "what brings you down here?"

"I'm guiding Ella," he gestured for Ella to come in, "she's new. She has you for lessons."

Irys nodded, "yes, I was informed yesterday I'd have a new student. And aren't you a beautiful young lady."

Ella blushed down at the ground.

"I can't wait to start your lessons, but that will have to wait for tomorrow, you must still be unpacking?"

She shook her head, "I finished yesterday."

"Oh, how quick, impressive."

"Thank you," she smiled hiding further behind Lucas.

Irys was amused by the shy nature of the girl, "well, I'll let you be on your way."

"Thank you, Miss," Lucas nudged Ella through the door, "come on, we still need to visit Abel."

Abel was a tall man with hair cut short and big black eyes that stared expectantly at the kids.

Lucas saluted. While Ella stood hidden behind him.

"Miss Ella," Abel nodded, "magic, I take it?"

"She's here isn't she?" Lucas smiled.

"Any idea what kind of powers you have?"

Ella shook her head.

"Any idea how to fight?"

Ella shook her head, "only that it requires patience and discipline, sir."

Abel's features brightened a bit, he smiled, "I think you're going to fit in just fine. And don't worry, we'll figure out your power set in no time."

No time. Or at the very least, no time limit. None of the usual tests gave any results.

It was true Ella was a good student, she did exactly as Abel said, he said run, she ran, he said stop, she stopped. But she had no self-control. No ideas of her limitations. By the end of a class she was usually exhausted, gasping for breath and once, she even got sent to the infirmary after collapsing.