The art of eye contact

It was our first day at school. I met my classmates and they were the same of last year's class. Everyone was excited and happy to meet their friends again .They were having conversations about the summer and places where they traveled, while, I was sitting in my table thinking about how boring this year will be.
Until a guy entered the classroom. I wasn't sure if he was a new student or he just entered to the wrong classroom. He was different . I don't really know how to describe the feeling of seeing him coming to the table next to me . He has a cute smile, two shiny brown eyes and his hair was moving slowly while he was walking. His skin was clear and soft . I was looking at him carefully with all my attention. And when he sat down, I felt that something was familiar about him.. yeah! it was his perfume the " Caron poivre " , it was the same one that my uncle uses . I know that it is too expensive so it seemed that his family is rich. obviously. The class was very quiet when he entered and he didn't talk to any of my classmates neither the boys .
Why was I looking at him like that ? I tried to forget about him and go back to thinking as i did before he came, yes i like to just drown in my deepest hurt feelings it makes me notice how much this world can change from a minute to another it reminds me to never have hope on someone so it makes me stronger. The new guy was getting closer. My heart flutters i've never felt that before. I felt those sort of butterflies in my stomach . I was sure that I couldn't handle that, it was weird. His perfume kept distracting me while the professor was talking, I don't even remember what was he talking about .
After class, I went down to the hall all alone as I used to do. Walking through it, I heard my name but it sounded so different than usual , I turned around and I've seen him ; it was that guy who came today to the class. I was shocked , I mean why would he call me and how did he even know my name? We were standing in the middle of the hall.
After a while of staring at each other without knowing what was wrong , he finally said something,

- "Hey there !! I'm Josh , your new classmate." he said while smiling at me. Oh god! that cute smile made me blush so bad . I know I'll be in trouble if we studied this year together *in the same class*. Anyway I got my mind back and answered him;

- "Ow ! Nice to meet you mmm.. Josh." And I kept walking really confused.

The weird thing was that he kept walking next to me , and I couldn't ask him why . I was very shy because it seemed like I was the first girl whom he talked to when he came to this school .
- " why are you too quiet ?" he asked.
- " Am i ?" I asked back .
- " that's what I see ! You've been sitting alone in class " he added.

I looked down and replied " I prefer being alone,people are too annoying. "

- " ow yeah ! I agree" he responded.

His phone started ringing and I walked away . He followed me and called me again .

- " Sara !! Can we be friends?"He demanded but he was confused .
What did I just hear !!? I turned over, smiled at him without responding and left.
As i arrived at the bus stop, I climbed in the school bus , sat on the seat next to the window and turned the music on like usual..
I couldn't stop thinking of him , of the way he talked , the way he walked, the way he acted, the way he looked and the way he passed his fingers through his hair ... It was the first time someone asks me to be his friend directly .
To be honest, I didn't want to engage myself at any friendship or whatever again because I don't want to be hurt , and feel that pain again . All the way to home , all I thought about was when he called me by my name and that eye contact when our eyes met .
I got home , no body was there . I went to my bedroom and started doing my homework. After ending it I decided to take a nap , my eyes were almost going to get closed. Suddenly my phone started vibrating so much , it 's honestly starting to annoy me. I turned  my phone on to see on its screen many notifications from the high school's group . I unlocked it to discover that everyone was invited to the party for another new year at this high school . I was thinking about going to it or to not .