#1 - Prologue

Hinata's POV

In this world, there are soulmates. Everyone has a soulmate. The first initial of your soulmate's name appears on your wrist at the age of 16. When you and your soulmate kiss for the first time, your soulmate's whole name (first and last) will appear on your wrist.

Some people might do just anything to meet that special someone. But with me, I've never really given it much thought. 

* Bell Rings *

"Oi, Hinata we got practice now, you coming?" I'd hear Kageyama say as I see him at the doorway of my classroom

"Mhm!" I would already have all of my books packed, ready to head over to our usual volleyball practice.

"I'll race ya there!" I'd holler as I'd get up out of my seat, running with my bag, getting a headstart.

"Not fair you got a headstart, dumbass!" Kageyama would yell, running, trying to catch up with me.

I'd turn my head around and stick my tongue out at him, playingly. I'd always love competing in these pointless competitions that I and Kageyama set up for each other. It's fun to joke around sometimes. Especially with someone like Kageyama. And soon enough, we'd finally arrive at the gym, panting out of breath.

"Hah! I beat you!" I'd tell him jokingly.

"Whatever, it was unfair anyways since you got a headstart."

"Well, you should have been more prepared." I'd say as I started placing my bag down. Everyone else was already starting.

"Oh, hey Shoyo, could you toss that ball over to me?" A ball rolled in front of me that must have been Noya's failed receive.

I toss the ball over to him for him to receive, but then Tanaka would quickly catch the ball in between the gap of Nishinoya and I. Tanaka would start laughing and Nishinoya started to have an annoyed look on his face. And so started they then started to have one of their pointless playful arguments. Sugawara and Daichi were usually the ones to split them up, so I let them have at it and turn over to see Kageyama already getting ready to start his usual setting practices. I join him soon after.

And so our practice began. Kageyama and I were mainly just practicing our quick attack, Yamaguchi was practicing his serves, Tanaka practiced spiking with a water bottle, Nishinoya and Asahi were practicing together. After all, they are soulmates. So are Sugawara and Daichi. Not sure if Tsukishima and Yamaguchi are, but they are pretty cute together. Anyways, everyone was basically doing their own thing. We didn't really need to do any practice matches since we didn't have any games coming up. Nothing important was coming up really except for my birthday. I didn't really bother much caring but for some reason, Kageyama usually showed an interest in who my soulmate may be. I wonder why.. Anyway, for now, I'm just going to be waiting patiently.

~ A/N ~ Word Count: 542

Okay- So- Sorry if this is short and rushed- This was my first story I've made and I didn't really know how to start it off.. Anyways hoped you enjoyed and uM bye :>