#8 - Reality Part 1

Kageyama's POV:

With my usual homemade bento box in hand, I am on my way to meet up Hinata under the staircase. He isn't there.

He must be ordering his lunch today, I thought. When I lean a bit forward to see if he's in the hallway, I see him and that girl holding hands and smiling. What's going on?

They finally made their way in front of me with 2 bentos that looked like they were made by the same person. Hinata whispers something in her ear that makes her blush a light shade of pink. They both whisper back and forth for a bit which got pretty annoying.

"Oi, spit it out" I'd say, raising my voice a bit.

"Oh, well umm.. heh.. Taika and I are dating." He'd raise the intertwined hands that they shared and both smiled at each other.

I dropped my chopsticks holding some rice on the floor. They were serious. They both proceeded to sit down, still smiling and sharing the mutuality. Then as I saw her raise her hand to push her hair behind her ear, I saw it. An 'S' on her wrist. I choke on the water I tried drinking to calm myself down.

"Kageyama you alright? You look a bit pale.." Hinata said, looking at me concerned.

"Oh urgh, I'm fine, dumbass. I just forgot something in my classroom." I'd get my things and walk out of there. My walking soon started quickening it's pace as I started to now run towards the bathroom. I hurry into a stall, panting. I lock the door and and sit with my knees bending towards me.

So this is what it feels like to unintentionally get rejected? I feel some wet droplets fall onto my knees.

Why am I crying? Him and I wouldn't be soulmates anyway.. I knew that..

Stop crying damn it! Stop.. I wipe my tears with my shaky hands and try to get up, but my legs were a bit unstable. I feel weak. I feel lonely. I feel helpless.

* BANG *

Someone started to kick on the stall door.

"Open it, freak 1." I hear a familiar voice say. Four eyes? Why is he here?

"Tsuki be nicer! Don't you hear him right now?" I hear Yamaguchi say.

I slowly started to get up, my knees trembling. My face a mess, with my eyes puffy and my nose red. I open the stall door to see a concerned Yamaguchi and an annoyed Tsukishima.

"Tsk. Stop sulking and grow up." Tsukishima would say, glancing down at me. I started to look down at the tiled floor.

"Wh-What Tsuki means to say is that we saw what happened and well umm.. We're concerned." Yamaguchi would say with some breaks in his sentences, clearly nervous. He started to rub the back of his neck.

"Are you going to practice today? Or is this gonna affect the setter of Karasuno?" Tsukishima would say, staring at me dead in the eye, waiting for a response.

"Oh well umm.. I'm gonna skip practice today. And tell Daichi that I'm sick if he asks." I'd respond, my voice very monotone. I'd start to walk out of the bathroom until Four Eyes would start saying something, making me pause in my tracks.

"Oi, you better be fine by tomorrow. Or else I'll tell Daichi everything." He'd say, looking at me walk away.

* Ring *

Now it's time for class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 573

Sorry if I'm bad at descriptive writing, I tried to make the mood kind of melancholy but it turned out weird =^=

As always, feel free to comment any feedback or questions! I'll be doing a QnA at some point and I would like to hear your questions :D